lobby.jpg

desk.jpg

For those of you who'd like to check out the interiors. Here are some pics of a suite that's on sale.
http://lawrenceblack.net/400 WELLINGTON 408/400 WELLINGTON 408.html

Looks like a Sorbara insider decided to unload. This suite has never been listed on any "builder's inventory" previously.
I was in the building yesterday again and the quality of construction from Sorbara is excellent. They are ahead of schedule and most of the common elements are done and just need the furniture and carpets etc.

Compare that to Freed's 650 King project which just told purchasers in the Bathurst Building to wait another 60 days on spring occupancies and that might not be enough.

Wow that's crazy how expensive it is. It's the equivalent of living in my apartment for 100 years. Freaking crazy. That view is being blocked by the Globe and Mail tower which is probably the reason they're selling, plus the general feeling we're at a market top. "Take your money and run." :D

Wow that's crazy how expensive it is. It's the equivalent of living in my apartment for 100 years. Freaking crazy. That view is being blocked by the Globe and Mail tower which is probably the reason they're selling, plus the general feeling we're at a market top. "Take your money and run." :D

you pay only $7000/yr in rent ?!?
how small is the place? location?

$705K for Cityplace style finishes??? Doesn't look like the investor spent a dime on upgrades.

Come on UD, it's a 1162 square foot unit going for $607psf including a $50,000 parking spot in a small boutique building of 102 units on the Wellington Street greenwway close to Spadina. Contrary to those that the new Globe and Mail building is going to close off views, its located far enough and there are going to be other 12 storey buildings across the street from 400 Wellington once that land is sold off and developed over the years that will take precedent on view. Because of CityPlace, no one has a view of the lake anyways.

kitchenvic.jpg
Come on UD, it's a 1162 square foot unit going for $607psf including a $50,000 parking spot in a small boutique building of 102 units on the Wellington Street greenwway close to Spadina. Contrary to those that the new Globe and Mail building is going to close off views, its located far enough and there are going to be other 12 storey buildings across the street from 400 Wellington once that land is sold off and developed over the years that will take precedent on view. Because of CityPlace, no one has a view of the lake anyways.

for $607 psf the finishes look horrible, so cheap and they did not do a good job with the exposed concrete, it looks ugly. the kitchen looks so cheap, just have a look to the standard finishes of your neighbour Victory, which is an older buinding and let me know which one looks better

Attachments

• kitchenvic.jpg
    kitchenvic.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 646
View attachment 8480

for $607 psf the finishes look horrible, so cheap and they did not do a good job with the exposed concrete, it looks ugly. the kitchen looks so cheap, just have a look to the standard finishes of your neighbour Victory, which is an older buinding and let me know which one looks better

The Victory kitchens are better, no question and it is a good building. But, I believe the building's location on quieter and greener Wellington Street with better views, easier parking setup in a standalone building make up for it. Once those two restaurants/bars/lounges open up in the base of Victory, I believe you will see a general decline in the happiness of residents in that building.

Back