News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, how many times does Tory have to lose an election before he's considered out of contention?

The problem with Tory is that he is too agreeable! Listened to his show a few times and it usually goes like this on any given topic.

-Tory gives his opinion.
-Guest 1, agrees with Tory.
-Guest 2 opposes Tory.
-Guests 1 & 2 debate.
-Tory agrees with both positions.
- Caller 1 has a third opinion.
-Caller two comments on how smart John is.
-During to whole topic, Tory has agreed with and disagreed with everyone.
-Tory ends the segment with the statement - "and that's how I see it!"

Not good mayor material.

Any chance Tory could run a campaign without shooting himself in the foot?

2003. Yeah, John Tory lost in the end, but that was more because of the reflected inglory of his predecessor--indeed, we can blame Lastman's follies for Miller's election more than we can blame Miller's follies for Ford's election...

Toronto Star: Mayor Rob Ford skips Big City Mayors’ Caucus
Sends Mammoliti in his place.

It was a meeting of “big city mayors,†but the mayor of the biggest city in Canada was missing. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford skipped Thursday’s Big City Mayors’ Caucus meeting in Saskatoon, which kicked off the 75th Federation of Canadian Municipalities annual conference.

True to his past record of never attending an FCM meeting, even as a councillor, Mayor Rob Ford was represented by Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti at the mayors’ meeting that launches the June 1-4 conference and helps set the priorities of the 2,000-member federation
Eleven Toronto councillors are attending the conference, which gives municipal politicians a chance to rub shoulders with federal government ministers such as Denis Lebel, minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities, who will speak Friday. NDP leader Tom Mulcair, Liberal leader Bob Rae and Green Party leader Elizabeth May will also give addresses.
Ford recently told Toronto reporters: “I don’t go to FCM. Since when do I go to FCM?’’

Since when? Since you became Mayor of the largest city in the country. Idiot.

don't blame RF ... he probably felt he would be bullied and laughed at the FCM.

"so you're the mayor of Toronto" ... snicker

Last edited:
I saw that yesterday, and my feeling was a sense of meh. Yes, I think these meetings are important for the Mayor of Toronto to attend, but note that several other big city mayors, particularly Montreal's and Edmonton's, are not attending either. But I don't think Ford has that much to contribute in any event, nor does his designate, George Thumb.

To be honest though, do you really want him to show up and make a fool of himself? Not that Mammo is any better...

AoD

Mammo is worse. Ford might actually be intimidated by the level of discourse in the room and simply sit on his hands and think about pies, but Mammo will just blubber embarrassing non-sequiturs to draw attention to himself.

RocketAppliance:

Get Ford to throw another BBQ in his Mom's backyard, Harper will definitely come out

Yeah, but that didn't get the Feds to drop a B or two for Sheppard subway...oh if we'd only waited till the Federal Budget... *snicker*

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back