Recall: Empire was the first builder to bite the bullet and knock the price down on this project early 2009 when the market went cold. Weren't at least 4-12 units sold for $149,999? So even if prices collapse--probable--flippers of these units should still make a few thousand bucks.

I also like that it's not a point tower, and that zipper/zig-zag feature on the west elevation formed by the floor slabs. I'm thinking once its balcony glass is up this one will be tied together nicely.

And it's not green like every other building on the south side of Front (Matrix, Apex, et. al) so that's a nice refresher.

For a building that is sold out, it sure attracts a mixture of admirers and critics. On one hand, it really does look a little chunky, plain, and without much style given it's concrete skeleton. However, I think once all the pieces are put in place, this building is going to be quite an eye catcher. I really admire this project.

nope, sorry. this is just a boring glass box with no imagination whatsoever. when people look back on the buildings built in the 2010's, they will see this and say that this is by far one of the worst examples of the decade. it is plain, boring, and bland. It's form suggests a simple modernist piece, but the busy facade of spandrels says otherwise. I despise this project, and hope that nothing similar like this ever gets built again.

Last edited:
Guess we wait for the balcony glass to see how this one truly turns out. Not super impressed with it myself so far, but it's a decent size and not overly imposing. Would love to get a little colour in this area, but I'll reserve my full judgment until it's a little greener out.

It's not a bad building. There's nothing offensive about it, but there's nothing special or memorable about it.

It's a nice neutral background building. The L-shape of the building with one end building pointy while the other end having the zipper pattern balconies up the building is rather nice. The overall monotomous frosty grey look of the building is nicer than the green glass and mismatched spandel panels of other buildings in the area, though accents of red or even orange on this building would make a huge improvement.

Is something planned for the parking lot in that photo? I presume that is the reason for the blank wall facing the camera.

Thanks in advance.

Back