Seems to me to be the best thing G+C has given us. So far so good!

Today:

kt9eO.jpg

I repeat: we gotta get the lot to the north, just south of Wellington, and the lot on the n/e corner of Front and Spadina cookin.

I repeat: we gotta get the lot to the north, just south of Wellington, and the lot on the n/e corner of Front and Spadina cookin.

Needs to be red or copper to give some spice and colour to this area. Getting rather grey (given the season, the whole city is to be fair).

Thanks for the generous photo updates today. Much appreciated. I'm back in the city for the winter holiday, so I plan to take some my self when I get a chance to get out some more.

Looking forward to RioCan & REIT's redevelopment plans and the future plans for the former Globe lands. That of that section of Front Street West has been disconnected for too long.

Last edited:
Question that has been asked and I have no answer for it with hope someone here know the answer.

Based on the design of this project, it gives the impression that the old railway corridor is still protected. Has that corridor been sold and why was this curve look put in place??

You still can see the remains of the tracks still in place for this area.

The comment that maybe Metrolinx should buy this corridor to bring the DRL down it to the new Bathurst station.

I expect the land is own by someone, but not the reason for the curve, other than a dead end street will go into this area to service the other future buildings.

I don't believe that the corridor exists as a separate property, but as part of the neighbouring one. From the City of Toronto's online mapping:

SpadinaFront.jpg

Question that has been asked and I have no answer for it with hope someone here know the answer.

Based on the design of this project, it gives the impression that the old railway corridor is still protected. Has that corridor been sold and why was this curve look put in place??.

My understanding is that the overall shape / height of the Fly building was a result of negotiations between the city and the developer regarding shadowing restrictions on Clarence Square. Profile similarity to the former rail corridor would be a coincidence.

Back