Is something planned for the parking lot in that photo? I presume that is the reason for the blank wall facing the camera.

Thanks in advance.

An office complex similar in size (not design) to CBC would fit nicely on that Wellington st. strech.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. I believe there's also a condo planned on Spadina from Front to Clarence. I can't remember if it includes that brick building or how much of the parking lot it will consume. Anyone have details?

This building ain't fly.

It's not a bad building overall. The window/spandrel combination is fairly attractive, and I'm sure balcony glass will only imrpove it. Where Fly does excel is in its massing. We don't get many buildings that form a solid street wall without a tacky podium, and in that regard, Fly is one of my favourite condos built in the last few years.

Last edited:
Approx. Dec. 28th:

CIMG5188_zps40c84d7a.jpg

HOLY YUCK! Thank god the rest of the city doesn't look like that or I'd be packing my bags. Not one single even moderately attractive building in that whole frame. That's just nauseating.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm saying this (especially about a G+C design) but I have a soft spot for this building.

Thanks for the update. Hadn't seen any up-close updates or pics from Front Street in awhile.

Before seeing that last shot, I didn't realize just how much spandrel this building had. Looks awful.

It amazes me how this tower managed to secure 5 STARS from some people.... whiles we spend lots of time critisizing a project like 88 Sott .....

It amazes me how this tower managed to secure 5 STARS from some people.... whiles we spend lots of time critisizing a project like 88 Sott .....

This project is rated 3 stars and it appears that of the many hundreds of posters on this site, only 2 people actually voted. Why are you so hung up on these star ratings anyway? No one pays any attention to them, as evidenced by the fact that 2 people have voted on this project over the span of 5 years.

Yeah, nobody cares about thread star ratings, it's just a feature for the asperger skyscraper nerds to fiddle with.

When an 11-year-old, green glass complex (aA's Apex) looks handsomer and meets the street better than than what's being constructed a decade later, it's time to stop hiring that firm. This really is an atrocious embarrassment.

When an 11-year-old, green glass complex (aA's Apex) looks handsomer

Up for debate. In my opinion, Fly is a much nicer looking building. The cladding isn't great, but the massing makes it very aesthetically pleasing.

and meets the street better

This building meets the street very well, actually. Many of us don't like the whole tiny 2s podium with the tower set back. I like that this building hugs the street so closely. It makes the street wall more impressive. Personally, I like buildings that are more intimate with the street more than those that hide behind their podiums :)

Back