The parking lot to the north of Fly is the enormous one that stretches diagonally all the way from Front and Spadina to Blue Jays way and Wellington.

And I do actually agree that it would be a shame to build something tall enough here to leave Clarence Square park in permanent darkness.

Clarence Square park could use a redo ! The trees are amazing though

Pic taken Oct 5, 2012

3T5ex.jpg

Well it's certainly getting something done to it - it's been fenced off pretty much all summer.

I was in the area the other day and it looks like they are doing some landscaping work by introducing (among other things) an extensive amount of brick lined walkways.

Although I was there at night, from what I could see, it looks pretty good.

I was in the area the other day and it looks like they are doing some landscaping work by introducing (among other things) an extensive amount of brick lined walkways.

Although I was there at night, from what I could see, it looks pretty good.

Wow really ! I always loved the trees in that park but there was essentially nothing else in it ! No paths or the like. Take pictures if you can !

Here's what is happening in the park

“Construction has started on improvements to Clarence Square Park, located at Wellington St W and Spadina Ave. This is a unique park that is deeply rooted in Toronto’s history. The Planning Partnership, which was also involved in the revitalization of Victoria Memorial Square, developed the plans for this park revitalization.

The work that is underway includes deep root fertilization and mulching to help improve the health of the trees in the park and to improve drainage. Eight trees are being removed with the approval of the City’s Urban Forestry division as part of the project, with 22 new trees of native species to be planted later in the construction process. A dog off-leash area is being created in the south portion of the park, along with a dog-accessible water fountain. The walkways will be rebuilt with pavers and lined with new benches, and a dedicated bike path will be created horizontally through the park, connecting Wellington St W and the Wellington-Spadina traffic signal. Construction is scheduled to be complete in Fall 2012. “

Saw the new path the other day, brick work looks great!

Wow really ! I always loved the trees in that park but there was essentially nothing else in it ! No paths or the like. Take pictures if you can !

If I'm there during the day (and after this storm passes over), I'll see what I can do.....

Nice shots, Jasonzed. The first one in particular I'm quite fond of as this perspective of the Fly Condo building has yet to be captured on this forum. Charlotte Street, I'm guessing?

Thanks for the huge photo update. Much appreciated. I'd really like to see that lot on the south side of Wellington developed, though...

Back