News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the cops would need solid evidence in order to go after Lisi for extortion. Sure, they have wiretaps of the video being discussed but without the physical video itself to prove that it is real then it wouldn't hold up in court, right? The cops found the video which is what they needed to charge Lisi. That's how I see it.

No because it doesn't have to be a tangible item in order for the crime of extortion to have occurred. It could be using force to make someone do something as well, so even without the video it wouldn't matter provided TPS has wiretap evidence of him doing it.

But could they rat out Ford as well as Lisi? Maybe. On the morning of April 19-20, Lisi appears to have visited the Basso house, and he also called Basso around 4 am. That same hour, he called Ford no less than 19 times - between 430 am and 5 am.

Reading the production order for April 20 again, I do hope the cops and media are trying to reach Zach Wilkie. Lisi called him 5 times on the morning of the 20th, right after calling Ford and before calling Liban Siyad.

Oh, and I hope he sold his BMW: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...11+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

Interesting take on why Blair spoke about the video by the guy that writes The Fixer for the Star. I just wish The Star's Fixer could fix our problem.

Rob Ford’s problem is police Chief Bill Blair

"Blair is told that officers recovered the infamous video from a deleted file and sees it for himself. And it becomes prime evidence in the extortion charge laid against Lisi for allegedly using threats and
violence to retrieve it last spring, from the people who were trying to sell it to The Star.

Remember, this is the video Ford insisted did not exist, and that reporters who claimed otherwise were pathological liars.

So what does Blair do about it?

Since it is evidence in the extortion charge laid last Thursday against Lisi, it would be much harder to keep it or its contents a secret, which Blair obviously knew.

But what if he tried to keep quiet and not let on that police had a copy, the preferred path for the Ford camp?

Imagine if it leaked out that he was sitting on a copy and keeping it a secret. A different and much larger constituency would be screaming about a coverup by the chief, to keep the heat off the mayor.

He'd soon be out of a job.

Blair understood that whatever he did, a lot of people would be pissed. The percentage play for him was to reveal the existence of the tape, rather than be seen to be covering up for Ford."

http://thestar.blogs.com/thefixer/2...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Just a quick update:

Twitter account has over 66 followers: @savetdoto
Facebook set up (thanks to a UT member): https://facebook.com/savetoronto
Facebook event created: https://www.facebook.com/events/176888819174123/
Email address set up: info@savetoronto.ca
Nice comment supporting the Save Toronto rally date/time here: http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/1pwbwh/save_toronto/cd6xs09
Press release in the works (working with a UT member)

So far, it's just been me, and I've identified what other areas I need help with: http://savetoronto.ca/help

Feel free to email any comments/suggestions to info@savetoronto.ca

Also, if you feel you can contribute and would like to join the team, I could even create an @savetoronto.ca email address for you so you maintain your privacy/separate your personal account if you need to communicate with people (e.g. if you take on media relations role).

Some people are able to put aside their ideological partisan hatred of unions to do what's best for the city. Everyone isn't drinking the kool aid and you can't shove out an entire sector of people because some have bad opinions of them.

That's ridiculous. Having the people who are involved in those organizations, if they choose to also protest Ford, join us for a rally is one thing. Having a fringe group, particularly a violent fringe group like OCAP, on stage would be death to a popular uprising. If you can't see that, you have ideological blinders much more opaque than jusbokeh.

I snapped this last month assuming that it might be one of the last full city council sessions with His Worship. It's still very possible!

I don't see Ford ever resigning. There could be 500,000 people outside his office in a fully chalked up Nathan Phillips Square demanding he resign, he won't. He could get arrested and charged but when he's released on bail awaiting trial, he'll keep showing up to work (after lunch). The entire Executive Committtee could resign and every Councillor could stand in unison demanding that he resign, he won't. We're stuck with him until December 2014. All that needs to be determined is the level of chaos that will go on until then and if we have to endure him for yet another 4 years.

Council should just make it clear they don't consider him a legitimate Mayor, vote on a motion asking him to resign and when he doesn't, just carry on with the business of the city while ignoring him entirely.

Passive City Council actions: When he moves a motion, get up out of your seats and don't vote (it can't pass if quorum hasn't been met). When he speaks, get up and leave the council floor while he does.

Active City Council actions: Vote to replace his executive committee with nobody. Replace the speaker with somebody who isn't enabling Ford - Deputy Speaker John Parker is great -- and have him become the voice of City Council with whom the media should interact with as City Council's nominated representative. Vote to defund the Mayor's office but not without first voting to explicitly fire David Price and Thomas Beyer, both of which are hiding their interactions with Sandro Lisi, both who've been named in the ITO and who were seen to be interacting with Lisi in hidden circumstances. Thom better have a very good excuse and better start talking soon. Price is far beyond redemption and is going to be a key player in Brazen 2.

So far, about 20 councillors have been clear that they want the Mayor to resign. More still, while not asking him explicitly to leave have made it clear that he has lost the legitimacy to be Mayor. All counted, I think that around 35 councillors would join a Mayor-less City Council Coalition and govern the city amongst themselves.

This sounds like a chart for Matt Elliot. Who would be on a hypothetical vote to demand Ford resign then ignore him for the rest of the term coalition? There's been some pretty impressive defectors lately. Ainslie, Del-Grande and Thompson all featured prominently in Elliot's charts as reliable Ford defenders. These and more all appear to be ready to join the opposition in full force. How does that change the numbers and how will that work if City Council decides to formally censure Ford?

Last edited:
Going to echo a lot of other posters re rally - must be non partisan - there must be a part of Ford Nation that is appalled. "Taxpayers for Truth", "Ford Take a Break" etc. Maybe bring it up on pro Ford FB pages etc. If the rally is limited to the "left" it's doomed.

This has been bugging me since I first read it in the ITO, and just I re-read in NOW. How the hell did he get a license for 292 plants? Plus he can store up to 28 pounds. The guy would have to smoke 24 hours a day, every day, 365 days a year to use that much pot. I'm not an expert, but something doesn't make sense. Oh, did I just say that, silly me, absolutely nothing is making sense.

Jamshid Bahrami, the dry cleaner arrested with Lisi on drug charges last month has a medpot license to produce 292 plants, possess approximately four pounds and store up to 28 pounds of marijuana.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/stor...buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

It doesn't matter who goes, everyone is going to be called "leftists" or whatever. These are all excuses to do nothing. Either you want him out or your don't. If you do, do your best to show up or to get people to go if you can't. If you don't want to go, fine. No reason to discourage others from doing so.

Going to echo a lot of other posters re rally - must be non partisan - there must be a part of Ford Nation that is appalled. "Taxpayers for Truth", "Ford Take a Break" etc. Maybe bring it up on pro Ford FB pages etc. If the rally is limited to the "left" it's doomed.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say. If the goal is to pressure Ford to step down, the target audience must be his enablers (and Ford Nation). If the goal is to feel good about yourself and preach to the choir, go ahead and repeat the same message from the last three years. Ford Nation is ready to shoot down that message with some "one billion gravy trains private garbage collection fighting the unions respect for taxpayers" bullshit.

For this to work, it has to be about changing the channel Ford Nation is listening to. If you love him so much, help save him. The media needs to get on board with explaining how an addict's brain works, and the damage enablers do. That's step one. Then, once that communication channel is open, you might be able to shame some of the enablers in council, who are doing whatever they can to prop their own political aspirations. If Ford Nation turns against them, they're going to have to change their message.

Poll Forum just called me. So they are doing another poll of RoFo. They asked about if I approved of the job he was doing. If I think he should resign, if I accepted his apology...then a whack of "who would you vote for" scenarios. Maybe the his ratings will change in the comings days :)

Just a quick update:

Twitter account has over 66 followers: @savetdoto
Facebook set up (thanks to a UT member): https://facebook.com/savetoronto
Facebook event created: https://www.facebook.com/events/176888819174123/
Email address set up: info@savetoronto.ca
Nice comment supporting the Save Toronto rally date/time here: http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/1pwbwh/save_toronto/cd6xs09
Press release in the works (working with a UT member)

So far, it's just been me, and I've identified what other areas I need help with: http://savetoronto.ca/help

Feel free to email any comments/suggestions to info@savetoronto.ca

Also, if you feel you can contribute and would like to join the team, I could even create an @savetoronto.ca email address for you so you maintain your privacy/separate your personal account if you need to communicate with people (e.g. if you take on media relations role).

Great work, thanks for taking this on amid a torrent of cynical doubters on this board. Only advice would be to do what a poster suggested earlier and email media!

jiec:

If the revelations thus far couldn't change the channel of FraudFailedState, nothing will. Not really interested in converting them - more interested in making sure those who can be convinced gets the message. A show of force makes it difficult to just dismiss it as downtown elitists.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back