8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something in the Post that I haven't seen anywhere else:
The Crown has agreed to complete its review of the so-called ITOs by March 17. The documents may include details related to cell phone records and wiretaps. A redacted document will be provided on that date to defence and the federal Crown.

It was the media that requested the ITOs' release. Was the federal government even involved in the motion? More importantly, does this mean there is information in the ITO that federal authorities are seeking to help them with their own investigation?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...n-into-rob-ford-at-chief-bill-blairs-request/

There have been a lot of FN types crowing that Kimmel loves RoFo when last week they wouldn't have known Kimmel from kibble.

I would have at least expected some of them to be familiar with The Man Show, which they would have taken seriously...

It was the media that requested the ITOs' release. Was the federal government even involved in the motion? More importantly, does this mean there is information in the ITO that federal authorities are seeking to help them with their own investigation?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...n-into-rob-ford-at-chief-bill-blairs-request/

Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can speak up here - but I'm pretty sure I've seen before that some of Lisi's charges are being handled by the Province and some by the Feds. I can't remember which is which though.

The ever-brilliant 80s Doug Ford on Twitter:

I'm really looking forward to reading either/both of those 'columnists' after Ford's arrest. I really am.

Unless you're planning to move to rural Saskatchewan and take up an interest in community news, it might be tough to keep up to date with their columns :)

reporterdonpeat 1:42pm via Web
Almost 2 p.m. on a Wednesday, Mayor Rob Ford isn't at City Hall. His spokesman & chief of staff have yet to say where the mayor is.

Or what kind of state he's in...

At 1:05 pm I saw him being driven northbound on Church Street at Ryerson. Maybe he was in the area visiting the "Now Magazine" destination again...?

As much as I hate Warmington, at least "Ford sycophant" is some sort of a stance. Mike Strobel is worse. He's got nothing. Imagine telling crap comedian Kenny Bania (of Seinfeld fame), "Find something in the news and write some gags about it, and try to make the gags anti-liberal." That's what a Strobel column is.

Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can speak up here - but I'm pretty sure I've seen before that some of Lisi's charges are being handled by the Province and some by the Feds. I can't remember which is which though.

But Lisi's already been arrested and charged with various offences. His case is being prosecuted by provincial crowns. Project Brazen continued because of his connection with Ford who was placed under investigation as well. Why would the federal crown office be interested in search warrant affidavits (a capsule of the Toronto plice investigation) unless the Federal Crown was also investigating and considering charges? My money would be that the "person of interest" to the feds would be Ford or other members of his family.

This is supported when you consider the types of crimes prosecuted by the feds. From Wikipedia:

the PPSC assumes the role played within the Department of Justice Canada by the former Federal Prosecution Service (FPS), and takes on additional responsibilities for prosecuting new fraud offences under the Financial Administration Act as well as offences under the Canada Elections Act. Unlike the FPS, which was part of the Department of Justice, the PPSC is an independent organization, reporting to Parliament through the Attorney General of Canada.

The PPSC is responsible for prosecuting offences under more than 50 federal statutes and for providing prosecution-related legal advice to law enforcement agencies. Cases prosecuted by the PPSC include those involving drugs, organized crime, terrorism, tax law, money laundering and proceeds of crime, crimes against humanity and war crimes, Criminal Code offences in the territories, and a large number of federal regulatory offences.

The creation of the PPSC reflects the decision to make transparent the principle of prosecutorial independence, free from any improper influence.

The mandate of the PPSC is set out in the Director of Public Prosecutions Act. The Act calls on the PPSC to provide prosecutorial advice to law enforcement agencies, and to act as prosecutor in matters prosecuted by the Attorney General of Canada on behalf of the Crown.

In addition, the mandate includes initiating and conducting prosecutions on behalf of the Crown with respect to offences under the Canada Elections Act.

Sound like anyone you know?

Last edited:
Upon reflection, Steve Paikin feels he could have been a titch more stringent in his interview with the esteemed Cllr. Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back