News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fords seem intent on impressing "folks" that Rob has started going to a gym.

I assumed he meant the gym at City Hall.

Not the gym at City Hall, one in Etobicoke, you can google it if you like. It's a great gym so I don't want people showing up for a peek of Ford haha!

You can't make this stuff up.

Doug Ford says ‘it’s not about truth’ after Jimmy Kimmel denies claims he apologized to Rob Ford

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...mmel-denies-claims-he-apologized-to-rob-ford/

Kelsey Rolfe | March 5, 2014 | Last Updated: Mar 5 4:01 PM ET
More from Kelsey Rolfe

'It's not about truth': Toronto Councillor Doug Ford speaks to reporters about his brother, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's, appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live in Toronto, Ontario, March 5, 2014.

Councillor Doug Ford and Jimmy Kimmel have a difference of opinion over whether the late-night host apologized to Mayor Rob Ford after a TV appearance on Monday. The councillor says Mr. Kimmel apologized. Mr. Kimmel says he didn’t.

So which of them is telling the truth?

“Well, it’s not about truth,†the councillor said Wednesday morning at city hall. “Our agreement is we get to promote Toronto, and he’s a man of his word.â€

Ford told reporters on Tuesday that Kimmel had apologized to Mayor Ford for grilling him about his drug and alcohol use.

Kimmel took to Twitter before his show Tuesday night to deny that he had apologized. “For the record, I did NOT apologize,†he tweeted. “But @TOMayorFord did want more time to promote #Toronto and I will make good on that tonight.â€

Councillor Ford said the agreement with Kimmel was that if the mayor went on the show, he would get five minutes to promote Toronto to the audience, which the mayor said didn’t happen.

On Tuesday night’s show, Kimmel aired a tongue-in-cheek video tour of Toronto featuring the talk-show host and cast member Guillermo.

“The last thing we need is a war with Canada,†Kimmel said before playing the clip.

“Again, he’s (Kimmel) a man of his word, and I appreciate him keeping his word,†Ford said.

During Monday’s show, Kimmel mocked the mayor for a series of unflattering and controversial incidents that have garnered Ford worldwide attention.

“It seemed like we were having fun,†said Kimmel as he opened his monologue Tuesday night.

“But then after the show, apparently he was upset. Why, I’m not exactly sure. I asked him about drinking and smoking crack — what were we supposed to talk about, his other hobbies?â€

Kimmel noted that after the show, Ford “left right away mad,†but changed his tune after perhaps watching it again or thinking about it out on the flight home.

Kimmel then played video of a scrum at Toronto city hall where Ford denied that Kimmel had made a fool out of him.

“I knew I was going into a lion’s den but I held my own,†the mayor said.

After the clip ended with Ford stating he “loves the people in LA,†Kimmel declared, “and we love you too. In fact we might even be in love with you, Mayor Ford.â€

Kimmel said he had no intention of upsetting the mayor, adding, “I hope we’re still on for go-carting this weekend.â€

During his city hall scrum Tuesday morning, an upbeat Ford sloughed off Kimmel’s suggestion the mayor find someone to talk to about his addictions.

“I don’t have any personal issues,†Ford said.

“We’ve gone down that road a number of times.â€

Ford had described himself on the program as a “normal, average, hard-working politician that’s real.â€

“You are not the average politician my friend,†Kimmel retorted.

Councillor Ford, who accompanied the mayor to L.A., said Tuesday that the show was like a “church picnic.â€

He also seized on Kimmel’s pronouncement that Ford was the “most wonderful mayor†he had ever witssed.

“Jimmy Kimmel, as he said, ’You’re the best mayor’,†Doug Ford said.

“He was sincere when he said that.â€

With files from Canadian Press

Jerry works it. He's in great shape!

Not surprised, with his bodybuilding background.

I know the gym in question so as RoboHobo said, don't hold Ford's patronage against them!

It would have been a better PR coup and the perfect "everyman ordinary Joe" thing to use City of Toronto facilities and classes, highlighting both Ford's commitment to fitness and the great public services.

March 21 for me and hopefully he's kept in custody through the weekend....

I say last week of June-ish...keep him in town during the Pride Parade, wreck his annual "get-away" stupor. In fact, maybe get all caught up in the middle of the Parade behind a float on his way to the pokey (interesting turn of phrase as it were)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back