News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let me just say: if Ford does get re-elected, there are most certainly NOT going to be riots in the streets. If, after everything, after all this shit, Ford hasn't yet been tarred and feathered, then the will simply isn't there. Cliché, but it's "the Canadian way."

The will isn't there because there's still hope for an arrest, and for justice to be served. If he gets off scott-free and somehow gets re-elected? I really think that would be too much for a lot of people to take.

I But the police subsequently discounted any connection. The Star's reporters came to the same conclusion — and they've got a pretty good record for getting things right in this story.

Thank you for clarifying that. It is all a mystery to be sure. I just did a quick search but did not come across the police denial of the connection. Do you remember the timing/source of that?

I remember a Star report saying that Smith's murder was "street-level", attributed to a source. Was there another piece that absolutely refuted the connection?

I believe you, just trying to get all the details straight in my own mind!

There's another explanation for the envelopes that occurred to me, and I'm not sure if I've seen it before.

Rob Ford is wealthy, but does not -- to the best of my knowledge -- draw a salary from Deco as well. No doubt, he has a crapload of money, but that being said, the money from the fam business is probably visible to Doug, Randy and the Deco accountants. His salary, and possible bank accounts may be accessible to his wife, family and perhaps he fears the prying eyes of people who would look into the finances.

So, perhaps the envelopes are indeed money, but a liquidated asset, profiteering from smaller scale operations, perhaps a cut of Lisi's business, or a funnelling of some of Lisi's "salary", for the purpose of buying dope with cash that it not easily traceable to by the family, media, or anyone else who would care.

Basically, Lisi was giving him his drug allowance.

I still think Lisi was being a middle-man for someone else with the envelopes. My guess is kickbacks from that fishy Green For Life deal.

He can't draw a salary from a business, by law, as Mayor. However, as a councillor he could because it's considered a part time post. And as far as I know, there's nothing illegal the proceeds from the family business going into a trust to be returned when he's no longer in office. But as Mayor he has to have an air of objectivity towards business, and thus no salary. Of course, I have zero doubt that he flouts this rule, too. He certainly doesn't pay full price for magnet printing, I can tell you that.

Well, you have to remember that his Escalade's registered owner is Deco Label and from the forensic audit into his mayorality campaign showed he was still using a company issued AmEx card......so salary no, benefits what do you think
Just for reference re the Escalade...see Toronto Sun July 26, 2012 "Councillors hit brakes on slamming Rob Ford's Caddy" Don Peat

So who paid for RoFo's first class ticket to La-La-Land? I want to see this Republican 2-step.

Also: it's "City of Toronto Day" and its 180th birthday. So naturally Ford is spending the day "inspecting" two private apartment buildings. He really couldn't make it any more clear how he feels about Toronto, or how he knows the loathing is mutual.

"Inspecting two private buildings". Otherwise known as campaigning.

Having read the TStar article on Lisi, I now am convinced he is bat shit crazy. Add to that Jimmy T's anecdotes, and I think Lisi could be a serial killer in the making.
Ford vouched for Lisi as a stand up guy because Ford is batshit crazy too.

How is Lisi still alive after all the shit he's pulled?

It's literally the first hit if you google (image) search for "John Tory and Doug Ford playing cricket".
https://www.google.ca/search?q=John+Tory+and+Doug+Ford+playing+cricket&tbm=isch

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/05/doug-ford-slams-john-tory-over-chauvinistic-comment
1297433010907_ORIGINAL.jpg
Reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWlSMgMFGE

Liz Jackson a TDSB candidate just tweeted that Robbie has a good strategy in visiting these apartment buildings as they are all polling stations. Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back