News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delurking here. The thing I often wonder is what prompted the investigation in the first place? It is said the it was the Star report of the crack video, but does that really seem like enough? Crack smoking on its own does not seem to be enough to justify the level of detail in the ITOs or the surveillance, or any other part of this case. I believe the police must have had something very solid, perhaps revealed in Traveller, to feel justified in taking on this level of investigation. I mean, planes? That seems pretty over-the-top for an investigation supposedly prompted by a news article.

My point is that I can't see this not leading to some kind of charge. Also, it doesn't seem to me that the police have really shied away from discussing the investigation and how it is still "ongoing." If they had nothing notable at this point, I am no expert on police PR, but I think they would downplay the case.

One has to admit that the timing of the murder of Anthony Smith, the coincidence of him being quite possibly the person who took this video as well as being photographed with the mayor is all very interesting. This could be all one big coincidence, but there's also the fact that Twohey told investigators there may be a connection. I am not suggesting that Ford conspired to murder Smith, perhaps there is a web of events at play that we only at this point know the surface of.

Murder I think is reaching, really reaching. Rob Ford may be an unhinged clown, but I think he does have this one quality (that everyone ascribes to him) that he really sees people as PEOPLE, where other politicians don't. Him going all patois with the random Jamaican kids just goes to show you, he tries hard to get "in" with people (some sort of insecurity?). That doesn't seem like the sort of person who would have someone killed. That's sociopathic and cold.

I have often thought Ford has a lot of sociopathic qualities. Sociopaths after all are very good at charming or getting "in" with people. I'm not sure that Ford sees "people as people" at all - more like a means to power and self-glorification. Ford never feels guilt or shame - he is someone who not only lies and denies but tries to destroy others in the process, with no apparent remorse unless his back is against the wall legally (e.g. Daniel Dale).

So Deco is paying for a "company vehicle" that is being donated for civic use? How is this written off against profits? Gee Randy - what about the FEDERAL TAX PAYERS getting screwed over by Deco writing off the use of a corporate vehicle being used by the City of Toronto... and the charge card...

The Sunshine List shows Rob was paid a salary of $172,686.87, and $1,182.62 in Taxable Benefits. That may include mileage expenses.

Last edited:
View attachment 23294

Thank-you, Sir! May i please have another! :D

Howzat!

attachment.php

I don't doubt her convictions about entering the race, just the timing of it. If she's in after an arrest some people might accuse her of being an opportunist. Especially now that we know her team is ready to go. How long have they been ready to go? Tory made the smart move by entering before an arrest. Chow is said to be filing her papers the week of March 17. What if Ford is arrested the weekend before that? Is she going to wait a month or two before filing? It wouldn't look good if she's in a "oh look, Ford's arrested, now is my chance!" situation, in my opinion.

Pure speculation here, but if Chow was indeed planning to file in the second half of March, could the increased possibility of an arrest before that be precisely why that information has been leaked now?

I don't doubt her convictions about entering the race, just the timing of it. If she's in after an arrest some people might accuse her of being an opportunist. Especially now that we know her team is ready to go. How long have they been ready to go? Tory made the smart move by entering before an arrest. Chow is said to be filing her papers the week of March 17. What if Ford is arrested the weekend before that? Is she going to wait a month or two before filing? It wouldn't look good if she's in a "oh look, Ford's arrested, now is my chance!" situation, in my opinion.

But then again, October is a long ways away and people probably won't be talking then about who entered when.

I'm sure she could get away with 'I planned this before having any knowledge of an arrest, I am not privy to information of police investigations'.

I'd say Ford will be arrested the day after TPS turns over the file to the OPP. Laval mayor Gilles Vaillancourt was arrested by the QPP, not the local police.

While Ford's charges will be more the common criminal's rather than under provincial anti-corruption laws, the optics are still better and Ford will have no chance to claim TPS bias on appeal.

Pure speculation here, but if Chow was indeed planning to file in the second half of March, could the increased possibility of an arrest before that be precisely why that information has been leaked now?

I think we're giving Tory and Chow too much credit. They aren't privy to the timing of an arrest. Ford's arrest would monopolize the news cycle for a good week. Why would Chow want to launch during this time?

Delurking here. The thing I often wonder is what prompted the investigation in the first place? It is said the it was the Star report of the crack video, but does that really seem like enough? ... One has to admit that the timing of the murder of Anthony Smith, the coincidence of him being quite possibly the person who took this video as well as being photographed with the mayor is all very interesting. This could be all one big coincidence, but there's also the fact that Twohey told investigators there may be a connection. I am not suggesting that Ford conspired to murder Smith, perhaps there is a web of events at play that we only at this point know the surface of....

I think the possibility of a link between the Smith murder and the crack video is why the police launched Brazen II. It's not a big speculative jump, that's for sure. But the police subsequently discounted any connection. The Star's reporters came to the same conclusion — and they've got a pretty good record for getting things right in this story. So, I think the Anthony Smith angle is a dead end. Media won't lie to protect a police investigation. The farthest they'd go is stay silent, and the Star hasn't done that. Meanwhile, Brazen II has uncovered a lot of bad behaviour on Rob Ford's part. The challenge isn't whether Rob has broken laws — he has — it's developing the evidence that meets legal standards for criminal conviction. And those standards pretty high.

I'm sure she could get away with 'I planned this before having any knowledge of an arrest, I am not privy to information of police investigations'.

True. By the same token, it would be difficult to prove that Tory knew that charges would be coming and that he timed his announcement to get the jump on any official notice of charges. Ditto Stintz.

I think we're giving Tory and Chow too much credit. They aren't privy to the timing of an arrest. Ford's arrest would monopolize the news cycle for a good week. Why would Chow want to launch during this time?

I don't think they know specifics, but I do believe that they have enough inside contact to gauge the relative likelihood of important developments (ie cops are building a good case and morale is high, arrest may be imminent vs no evidence sticking, morale is low and case falling apart) and plan their campaigns as best they can with that general information. It's rarely black and white.

I won't make any submissions; I'll just let fate fall as it may.

Though I will say this--even going back to 2010, I was offering the prospect of riots in the streets, tar-and-feathering, possible assassination, etc. At the time, I was pooh-poohed on grounds of sensationalism; like, Torontonians and Canadians are too civil, there hasn't been an assassination since Darcy McGee, etc...

At least as far as (still) latent possibilities go, don't say I didn't warn you.

Yeah, I really think there's only so far he can push his luck. A re-election would do it, and I honestly don't think he'd make it through his victory speech in one piece. And I have to say, I'm not sure if I say that because I have a pessimistic view of society, or an optimistic one.

I think the possibility of a link between the Smith murder and the crack video is why the police launched Brazen II. It's not a big speculative jump, that's for sure. But the police subsequently discounted any connection. The Star's reporters came to the same conclusion — and they've got a pretty good record for getting things right in this story. So, I think the Anthony Smith angle is a dead end. Media won't lie to protect a police investigation. The farthest they'd go is stay silent, and the Star hasn't done that. Meanwhile, Brazen II has uncovered a lot of bad behaviour on Rob Ford's part. The challenge isn't whether Rob has broken laws — he has — it's developing the evidence that meets legal standards for criminal conviction. And those standards pretty high.

What is still bothering me about Anthony Smith is the amount of phone calls between Lisi and Ford right after his murder. Lisi's phone call patterns in general are really troubling...calling Ford and other characters at 4 in the morning, repeated short calls etc. All very strange behaviour that seems to point to SOMETHING bigger, I just don't know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back