News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must be on to something when you take into consideration Rob Fords broken record "I've saved the taxpayers a billion dollars" response to reporters questions last night...

Sadly no. Just clever Ford strategy, and it worked perfectly. Ford got a chance to get his message out in full on CTV, CBC, CP24, etc. without answering the questions that were actually asked. And the reporter let him speak without interruption and without challenge.

Expect more of it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-widening-crack-video-investigation-1.2584692

I totally think he'll refuse and will be walked out of city hall or his house in handcuffs. Basically, anything I expect a normal person to do is what I expect him not to do.
It would be great if RF tries to run, and cops ON BIKES track him down in NP square.
Or someone from RFMG tackles him. :)

It would be great if RF tries to run, and cops ON BIKES track him down in NP square.
Or someone from RFMG tackles him. :)

I hope I'm at the sit in when it happens and that he acts so badly he has to be restrained, not only in handcuffs but also in a straight jacket!!!

Remember, during po–lice surveillance there were measures in place to attempt to keep the public safe against a drunk driving Ford.

Personally, if he drives a white bronco really slowly down the DVP while chased by Toronto's finest, I will do Jagger shots.

View attachment 24104

I don't want a potential flight by one or more Fords to endanger others, but it would be very satisfying if the getaway vehicle came to be immobilized by a streetcar or a giant pothole.

It's kind of crazy that people are having a sincere discussion about just how the mayor of Toronto will deal with being arrested.

It's kind of crazy that people are having a sincere discussion about just how the mayor of Toronto will deal with being arrested.

When I was at Guild Park last Thursday, I was talking to a couple of women about him and one of them said "can you believe we're having this conversation about the mayor of our city?" It really is surreal. It's like we're all in a never ending movie.

I don't want a potential flight by one or more Fords to endanger others, but it would be very satisfying if the getaway vehicle came to be immobilized by a streetcar or a giant pothole.

LOL! And hopefully the latte drinking passers by will have their phones out and we have vids from multiple angles!!

I hope I'm at the sit in when it happens and that he acts so badly he has to be restrained, not only in handcuffs but also in a straight jacket!!!

There's some Taser happy cops out there.

I've put "folks" in Strait-jackets ( correct spelling BTW ). I don't think Rob would fit in one.

Last edited:
He's just going to spew the same talking points. We should have a drinking game. A drink for every time he says:

I saved the city a billion dollars
I'm not perfect, are you perfect?
I made mistakes.
Subways, Subways, Subways

Feel free to add to the game.

I'd also like to add "I've watched every dime". I won't waste forum space by listing what each of us are cyber-drinking to, but I am keeping a list :)

For those interested in what must go into an ITO, this is a good resource http://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cana...nt_Searches#Procedure_for_Obtaining_a_Warrant

It needs to be pretty comprehensive and detail the nature of the potential offense. So unless it's in another warrant or it's in a redacted section, there is nothing much at all about anything beyond extortion.

Sure, but what if something else is found during the warrant? Something unexpected? Or something not entirely unexpected but not detailed on the ITO? Surely, there must be some process for dealing with that info. Any chance the cops would play it cool knowing the interest in the ITOs but are after something larger?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I see a dramatic arrest. Ford is rich, Ford is privileged. He'll probably be given a heads up if he's told that the jig is finally up and an arrest warrant is issued. Maybe he'll quietly turn himself in before the public is aware of the arrest, get processed, make bail as quickly as possible, and continue being mayor. A trial won't happen for awhile so he'll just continue as if nothing has happened. I don't think he's worried about being sent off to prison. Randy Ford has been arrested 17 times, I don't believe he has done any time, has he?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back