4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 11.37.41 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 11.37.41 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 11.37.41 AM.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 825
we've already seen that he's hopeless at TV - even sun couldn't make his show with doug work out for more than 1 episode. rob ought to be looking at the likes of sarah palin and feeling scared: she had a reach and a media market orders of magnitude larger than rob's, and she couldn't make it work once she left politics (publishing, TV, radio, all flopped).

Out of the many, many far right-right demagogues and grifters hawking their wares in the U. S. media, Palin's probably the best comparison to Ford for two reasons: 1.) Like Slob, she's a genuine moron, and 2.) also like Slob, once you get away from the incendiary politics, the plain fact is that she's as dull as dishwater. There was simply nothing interesting about her at all, a problem that Ford suffers from in spades. He's crass and boorish, but not in a funny animated-sitcom-dad kind of way. (Yes, he has a Chris Farley-esque tendency towards slapstick disasters, but that has a limited 'appeal' at best, and it certainly doesn't bring out anything charitable in the people watching him fuck up. They're laughing at him, not with him.) He's small-minded and mean, but he's also pea-brained and dull. He's a hoser and a hick, without the slightest sense of grace or wit. He's far from physically attractive - Palin had that going for her, at least - and his story, when you get right down to it, is really quite banal. And none of this even covers the nastier stuff about him.

Limbaugh is a pig, and is far from a genius himself, but he's an old hand when it comes to radio, and can keep going for hours on end. Ford doesn't have that in him. He's awkward as hell, has a high-pitched, squeaky voice, and can't even look people in the eye when he's talking to them. Thug was the aggressive one in their little entries into radio/tv/Youtube, and he's not exactly popular in his own right. He probably has little enough tolerance for his loser younger brother now, but when Mayor Assclown loses the upcoming election, and loses badly? Let's just say I don't see the two of thm taking the media world by storm, and there's no way Slob is going to do that by himself. He's not going to replicate Limbaugh's (undeserved) success.

I agree with John Dee.

And I'll add that when it comes to Rob Ford and "media," what should be remembered is that Ford has never intentionally done anything interesting, and especially without the aid of booze/drugs. There's no point in hiring him for any sort of talk show/reality show type gig, unless you plan on filming him while he's fucked up.

An interesting article about the now former Mayor of Reykjavik,
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/06/23/did_politics_ruin_the_worlds_coolest_mayor.html

Interesting to note the similarities between RoFo and Jon Gnarr....and the differences. The main differences being, Gnarr is not stupid, he is seemingly not an addict, and his politics are progressive.

A local celebrity was making an appearance — the mayor of Reykjavik. He was coming to renew the lease for the building, where vendors hawk everything from second-hand sweaters to foul-smelling slices of hakarl, the rotten shark delicacy that has somehow found a willing market.

At 1 o’clock, Mayor Jon Gnarr arrived and seated himself at a folding table beneath balloons and a banner reading “Kolaportid: serving the public for 25 years!†Then he dutifully played his part in a well-worn political scene: he signed papers, shook hands and delivered a short speech.

“It’s a big day for me,†the 47-year-old said, his arms crossed and sweater sleeves rolled up to reveal two tattoos: a punk band logo on one arm and Reykjavik’s official coat of arms on the other. “I feel like I’m closing a circle because I started my campaign here.â€

Four years ago, Gnarr made a different kind of scene at the market, announcing with exaggerated grandiloquence that he was running for mayor with the “anarcho-surrealist†Best Party. The Icelandic comedian, famed for his absurdist wit, formed the party as political satire, to critique the ruling elite blamed for dragging Iceland into an economic meltdown in 2008.

The campaign started as a joke — but the punchline was that Gnarr actually got elected.

Since then, Gnarr has been lionized as “the world’s coolest mayor†by his fans, who include Noam Chomsky and Lady Gaga (“I love the mayor of Iceland,†she once tweeted). He was the anarchist comedian elected on a promise to break his election promises; he was a punk rock mayor who dressed in drag, gave Yoko Ono honourary citizenship and entertained 95,000 Facebook followers with mayoral selfies and YouTube links. He was the high-school dropout who snuck into the halls of power, vowing to shake up the establishment.

Although Ford certainly (and with hindsight, with irony) brought up drug use to discredit Smitherman, I don't think that "drug addict in recovery" played much of a part in Smitherman's defeat. His involvement in and handling of eHealth and ORNGE while at Queen's Park were much more significant.

While it seems kinda tinfoil-hatty, I also don't think it helps that Rocco Rossi and George Smitherman looked so similar with their gleaming bald domes. Rossi dropped out of the Mayoral race not endorsing anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if less-informed had mixed up Smitherman and Rossi and got confused at the poll.

It wouldn't have made any difference, R Ford was leading in 15 of 17 Jun 2010 onward and 7 straight Oct 14 on...it was his election to lose...guess what he didn't

......answering zang.....

Out of the many, many far right-right demagogues and grifters hawking their wares in the U. S. media, Palin's probably the best comparison to Ford for two reasons: 1.) Like Slob, she's a genuine moron, and 2.) also like Slob, once you get away from the incendiary politics, the plain fact is that she's as dull as dishwater. There was simply nothing interesting about her at all, a problem that Ford suffers from in spades. He's crass and boorish, but not in a funny animated-sitcom-dad kind of way. (Yes, he has a Chris Farley-esque tendency towards slapstick disasters, but that has a limited 'appeal' at best, and it certainly doesn't bring out anything charitable in the people watching him fuck up. They're laughing at him, not with him.) He's small-minded and mean, but he's also pea-brained and dull. He's a hoser and a hick, without the slightest sense of grace or wit. He's far from physically attractive - Palin had that going for her, at least - and his story, when you get right down to it, is really quite banal. And none of this even covers the nastier stuff about him.

Limbaugh is a pig, and is far from a genius himself, but he's an old hand when it comes to radio, and can keep going for hours on end. Ford doesn't have that in him. He's awkward as hell, has a high-pitched, squeaky voice, and can't even look people in the eye when he's talking to them. Thug was the aggressive one in their little entries into radio/tv/Youtube, and he's not exactly popular in his own right. He probably has little enough tolerance for his loser younger brother now, but when Mayor Assclown loses the upcoming election, and loses badly? Let's just say I don't see the two of thm taking the media world by storm, and there's no way Slob is going to do that by himself. He's not going to replicate Limbaugh's (undeserved) success.

Well said!

Might I add that Slob has a pattern of being rejected, from camp counseling (?), to coaching (twice), his radio show, Sun News Network, Toronto Region Board of Trade, the Garrison Ball, Iceberg Vodka, the Santa Clause parade, World Pride, the U.S., being the Mayor. Did I miss anything? Whatever he does get involved in, guaranteed, bar none, 100%, hands down, folks, he will FU and out stay his welcome.

Last edited:
What happened to the dock pics that wormington said a paper had? And are they gonna have more gotcha articles after he comes back?
I hate the way he keeps getting by on a slide all the time.

Unless I'm just being impatient and a whole ton of shoes are about to drop

So "the top criminal lawyer in Canada" (a/c Rob Ford) is spending how many hours of his time and the court's time so that Kathy Ford can weasel out of a laughably few hours of community service? It's almost admirable how the Ford family can so consistently apply their unique brand of logic to virtually any situation.

Remember the arrest pool? That seems like a lifetime ago. There are a few people still in the race, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back