Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward 2, meet the new boss, Mikey "Placeholder" Ford,

Mikey.jpg

Attachments

• Mikey.jpg
    Mikey.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 778
The mayor of a city of 2.79 million people is about to have a campaign event under circumstances which contravene explicit city rules about campaigns.

True.

Every single one of the said 2.79 million people is aware of this fact.

Hmmm, this one might be more tricky. Awareness might not be the only factor.
Some are certainly aware, but do they care.
Some just want to go for the free hot dog and booze.
Well, there was free booze in previous FordFests iirc.

City cannot/will not enforce said rule, but will note the infraction in a finding published months afterwards (and carrying no penalty).

Too damn true, and please, you're making me sad on a friday here with the last bit. 'And carrying no penalty'.

This city is not in the third world, this city is in Canada.

Infuriatingly, and shamefully, true.

Carry on, then.

....I may need a case of pops or two in the basement after that reality cheque, thanks. ;P
edited add. Gonna fire up an email to the IC, re: this crap. Better to complain to an official, then just complaining.
Thank you for igniting my bile.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know how the entire city hasn't snapped by now. This kind of thing makes me seriously rage.

Oh me too, this is making my head explode. This myopia is maddening. The city needs to say to him, we're sorry but this is an election year, you're a candidate, and you have used this event to campaign in the past. I'm also curious to know what he put on previous years' applications - were they declared as the campaign events they became? Because if not, that's more fuel for the fire. You said one thing, and did another.

I can't understand how this is not an automatic no, given the written policy and the history of this event. Actually I think they'd be doing him a favour if they were to refuse the permit. He could play the victim again, plus his base would look so much bigger back at Diane's place. ;) But if this event does get the green light, I'd damn well better get a chance to go to Olivia's "special event open to the public" in a city park. That'd just blow FordFest right out of the water.

Wonder if they'll be selling bobbleheads.

There is a lesson in all of this, and that is that we as a city don't have strict enough rules (without loopholes) and severe enough punishment for infraction of those rules.

I wish there was a mayoral candidate that played as dirty as Ford, but for all the right reasons. We need someone really tough and so far we don't have anyone who can play his game.

It's on all of us!

Jude MacDonald @judemacdonald · 23m

Email sent to Integrity Commissioner, Parks complaints, City Manager, ccing the Ombudsman. Permit still to be approved, people. Speak out.

Does anyone have a quick email list handy for these departments?

Jesse Hawken ‏@jessehawken 15m

@KristinEff so at this year's Fordfest when you get a burger, they put it in a bag and Ford punches you in the face with it

A quick reality check:

The mayor of a city of 2.79 million people is about to have a campaign event under circumstances which contravene explicit city rules about campaigns.

Every single one of the said 2.79 million people is aware of this fact.

City cannot/will not enforce said rule, but will note the infraction in a finding published months afterwards (and carrying no penalty).

This city is not in the third world, this city is in Canada.

Carry on, then.

I'd like to see *every* other Mayoral candidate there, with all their supporters also (not) campaigning, and eating Ford's free food & drink.

It'd be funny if a rumour started that the food and other crap at Ford Fest was not free this time around. Maybe that will result in a low turn out.

https://twitter.com/NickKouvalis/status/490243024547348480

Nick Kouvalis
‏@NickKouvalis
@jpags Rob Ford will run & win in Ward 2 - Doug Ford will run & lose the Mayor's race. You heard it here 1st. #topoli

Can buy the Rob scenario but not the Doug one. Surely he's not that stupid.

For everyone who just reads this thread for shits and giggles, there is a really easy way to make a difference - donate to Andray's campaign at andraydomise.ca. If you donate $40 you get $30 back, and it's worth a lot more than $10 to shut the Fords out of City Hall. Donating now helps him get his campaign off the ground, pays for some advertising and gets early momentum. I threw over a few bucks today and I don't even live in his ward.

As the thread's resident apocalypse theorist, I've been thinking of, well...you guessed it: the Ukrainian air disaster. But almost in an inverse way; that is, less about the possibilities of disaster in Toronto, than about the disaster itself being the work of Ford Nation-esque bozos. Something that'd happen under a DoFo, not under a Nick Kouvalis.

Acts of war ain't what they used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back