8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick reality check:

The mayor of a city of 2.79 million people is about to have a campaign event under circumstances which contravene explicit city rules about campaigns.

Every single one of the said 2.79 million people is aware of this fact.

City cannot/will not enforce said rule, but will note the infraction in a finding published months afterwards (and carrying no penalty).

This city is not in the third world, this city is in Canada.

Carry on, then.
well, sure. If it were in the third world, there would not even be elections. ;)

I'd like to see *every* other Mayoral candidate there, with all their supporters also (not) campaigning, and eating Ford's free food & drink.
Yes. This is a good way to counter it.
It'd be funny if a rumour started that the food and other crap at Ford Fest was not free this time around. Maybe that will result in a low turn out.
They have already said that there won't be alcohol, so I expect a lower turnout even with the free food.

Oh me too, this is making my head explode. This myopia is maddening. The city needs to say to him, we're sorry but this is an election year, you're a candidate, and you have used this event to campaign in the past. I'm also curious to know what he put on previous years' applications - were they declared as the campaign events they became? Because if not, that's more fuel for the fire. You said one thing, and did another.

I can't understand how this is not an automatic no, given the written policy and the history of this event. Actually I think they'd be doing him a favour if they were to refuse the permit. He could play the victim again, plus his base would look so much bigger back at Diane's place. ;) But if this event does get the green light, I'd damn well better get a chance to go to Olivia's "special event open to the public" in a city park. That'd just blow FordFest right out of the water.

It seems like this would be simple enough to figure out. You take a look at previous years' applications and see what they put down. If they put down "family event" and the (readily available) evidence shows that they were actively campaigning, then common sense dictates that this year they plan to do the same. What the city is doing is actively looking the other way, and that's pretty disgusting.

Ford at the Corso Italia tonight

@TOMayorFord 1h
Opening night at @CorsoItaliaTO! #toronto #topoli pic.twitter.com/ROObwid45W
Bs3o75vCcAAhcLK.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/qnQvm_DzMj/

Suggesting that she be filmed while being sexually used by 251 men, while she is probably drunk or high and severely out of it, is beyond anything she warrants as an abused bystander in this sorry saga.

Word.

Michael Ford seems to me a reluctant candidate/victim of his uncles. How in the world is a 20 yr old college student in any way fit for council? Towey was on twitter comparing attacks on Michael Ford because of his parents to racism (more little red apples). I'm not going to judge Mikey on his parents - the fact that he's alive and in college is evidence he's overcome his troubled parents' background - but sure as hell not going to endorse a kid with no experience banking on his name. 'course, he's not in my ward anyway....

Word.

Michael Ford seems to me a reluctant candidate/victim of his uncles. How in the world is a 20 yr old college student in any way fit for council? Towey was on twitter comparing attacks on Michael Ford because of his parents to racism (more little red apples). I'm not going to judge Mikey on his parents - the fact that he's alive and in college is evidence he's overcome his troubled parents' background - but sure as hell not going to endorse a kid with no experience banking on his name. 'course, he's not in my ward anyway....

Yeah, family background aside, I wouldn't be confident with voting for a college student with no experience.

Suggesting that she be filmed while being sexually used by 251 men, while she is probably drunk or high and severely out of it, is beyond anything she warrants as an abused bystander in this sorry saga.

As usual you are attempting to put words on my mouth. Unlike you, I have not suggested anything as such for Renata, my opinion is that she is not deserving of respect for documented reasons.

It's your prerogative to see Renata as a victim, however, I do not, at least not of the Ford family.

As usual you are attempting to put words on my mouth. Unlike you, I have not suggested anything as such for Renata, my opinion is that she is not deserving of respect for documented reasons.

It's your prerogative to see Renata as a victim, however, I do not, at least not of the Ford family.

What do we know of her? That she had a drinking problem, called her husband a "fucking idiot", and tried to get him into rehab. None of that warrants jokes about gang banging. Sounds like they have a terrible codependent marriage going on, and for that I'll put most of the blame on Ford. Even for women who don't have millionaire husbands, it can be hard to leave. I would love to see Renata do a public FU, but it ain't gonna happen.

What do you mean by 'as usual'?

I never intimated that you said anything. I was referring to the 'gang banging' post. You replied to me. Ergo, you were also referring to that post.

What documented reasons?

We know that Ford was charged with domestic assault. So whether or not you see her as a victim, she is not in the safest of circumstances. I know you said that you used to have phone conversations with RF, but you would not share any of that knowledge, so how are the rest of us to know?

Last edited:
Regarding Michael Ford running for Ward 2, I know that Morgan Baskin is running as a long shot candidate for mayor and is in high school. Now, she actually seems to want to run, unlike Michael, who appears to be pushed in the family business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back