News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't shake the feeling that you're right. Is RoFo popular enough in Ward 2 to actually win?

Also, why does Mikey have Ford as his last name? He's Kathy's son, shouldn't his last name be Stirpe?

Mikey's legal name in 2012 was Michael Ford Stirpe. He turned 18 that year, so it jives that he is now 20 years old.

Re name changing - one exception is marriage, you can use your married name for your license, passports, bank accounts etc, all you need to do is show your marriage certificate. No need to legally change your name for that. I imagine that since MiFo had both Ford and Stirpe as names he could choose to drop the Stirpe as need be. Timing is fishy (I would've thought after the killing that Kathy would've been quick to change it herself since he was a minor).

Notice that MiFo has unfriended MacIntyre on FB. I swear he was a "friend" up until a few months ago.

He should have stuck with Michael Stirpe, at least then he could have counted on votes from a few dyslexic R.E.M. fans.

Bravo! Well at least someone is "looking at it", which is more than the city is prepared to do.

The Ombudsman is an employee of the City of Toronto, are they not?

The Ombudsman is an employee of the City of Toronto, are they not?

Yes.
http://ombudstoronto.ca/

Mikey's legal name in 2012 was Michael Ford Stirpe. He turned 18 that year,

Is there a reference for that?

ETA Sun News reports he graduated high school in 2010:
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/3691476369001

"You guys on Twitter complaining about the robocalls. I get the real robocalls asking for rides at 2 in the morning."
https://twitter.com/FordNephew/status/491745537901998081

Last edited:
Are there any by laws or whatever to ban or disqualify a candidate as mayor - mid election? Basically what does he have to do to get barred from this election before October by city hall?

We've been waiting for an arrest. That might help, but so far Godot hasn't come.

What a charming, lovely family we've been blessed with.

Man this show's cast is getting bigger every season. First there was Rofo, then Dofo, then Difo and Kafo, then Mifo, now RoboRofo-call.
Haven't seen as much of Lisi, McRobb, and Chief C&$&Sucker though. So anyone going to TiFo the next episode? I heard it's an outdoor picnic episode. I keep thinking they can't jump more sharks after this.
But they always surprise me every single time.

Thoughts about the RF fiasco...

I'm just delurking to say a quick hello. I don't live in Toronto. I'm just an observer from another province.

I gotta admit I thought I'd hate it if I ever visited Toronto. But then I got to stay there last summer for five days and had the best tour guide - my stepbrother (who works in the media). And I admit I fell in love with Toronto. If I wasn't so broke now I would have gone back this summer, too!

Long before I visited TO I had been fascinated by Rob Ford and the city's inability to get him ousted from City Hall. After the visit I became nearly obsessed. I had my own encounter with the man just shortly after getting off the plane. We headed straight to a pre-season Argos game at Varsity Stadium. As my stepbrother was finding a place to sit, he told me to stay in one spot while he scouted for seats. He left me and my mom standing just a few feet from Rob who was watching the warm ups. I tried not to gape, but it wasn't long before a security guard was in my face telling me there were no seats available in that section. After the game I saw him surrounded by a bunch of people all giggly and getting photographs. It's the craziest thing to witness when you're not from there. It's like they're drugged or something. Here is this vile human being and people fawning all over him like he's found the cure for cancer. It's so terribly strange. And scary. I no longer have to wonder at how evil dictators come to power.

Anyway, I mourn for what Rob is doing to your wonderful city.

There is one comment I wanted to share. When we were visiting with my stepbrother I asked, "How in the world did Rob Ford get to be Mayor and why won't anyone stand up to him?" His reply came quickly and I've never forgotten it: "Probably because they're all scared." I asked for clarification and he said, "Like scared for their lives."

I was stunned. And it still gives me chills when I think about it. I don't think my stepbrother has or had any special knowledge, but I thought it was interesting that it was generally accepted that the Ford are scary people, capable of violence.

I'll go back to lurking now.

PG: I understand just how you feel about Toronto...I discovered how fascinating Toronto was back as early as 1979
and from that point on I regularly visited primarily during the 80s decade and after learning of the UT website I joined
up to keep track on how Toronto currently is and what has changed in time primarily...

The saga of RF has been interesting to keep track of since UT is probably one of the best sources of information on this
subject and I do agree with many here that keeping RF from being re-elected is one of the most important things that
Toronto's citizens need to do and hopefully a strong Mayor candidate will not allow a split vote to happen allowing RF to
be re-elected if he is still standing in October at election time...

LI MIKE

Let's get Mikey to try it

If Mikey doesn’t trust the print and broadcast media, how about using social media?

Young folks seem to like it. Isn’t Mikey a young feller? On the Twitter, the parodies have overtaken the genuine Ford parts.

In dirt-poor India, politicians are using Twitter in a major way to communicate with voters and constituents. Is this too sophisticated for Ford Nation, Youth Wing?

ETA: "in Clerks 2, when Dante complains that the two never say anything intelligent, Jay calls for Silent Bob to "do his thing," to which Silent Bob can only say "I got nothing."

(props to Wikipedia for Jay and Silent Bob)

Last edited:
Fiona Crean @TO_Ombuds · 10m
Well aware, in fact deluged re complaints about Fordfest. My job is to look at public service rules and their application. Looking at it now

I suppose this is good news.

I don't think that will change anything. They're probably stuck in a dilemma where they can't legally deny the permit based on what might happen, they can only act on it after the fact, if they do use it as a camping event. As we all know they will.

What was the exact wording of the part where Ford asks if he can count on your support? Was it asking if you'd attend or if you were voting for him?

parks@toronto.ca
Attn: Complaints handling

bchase@toronto.ca (supervisor of park in question)

talktoCityManager@toronto.ca,

jleiper@toronto.ca

ombuds@toronto.ca

...although it would be nice if something like this could be used as evidence they will be camping.

If Mikey doesn’t trust the print and broadcast media, how about using social media?

Young folks seem to like it. Isn’t Mikey a young feller? On the Twitter, the parodies have overtaken the genuine Ford parts.

Mikey will like what Thug will tell him to like, capiche? The parodies can say whatever they want. You can't buy or teach loyalty, and you can't buy or teach silence. Mikey here is a stand up guy, he's got his flying license, but he ain't no pigeon see. Isn't that right Mikey.

What'd I tells ya, stand up guy.

What was the exact wording of the part where Ford asks if he can count on your support? Was it asking if you'd attend or if you were voting for him?

parks@toronto.ca
Attn: Complaints handling

bchase@toronto.ca (supervisor of park in question)

talktoCityManager@toronto.ca,

jleiper@toronto.ca

ombuds@toronto.ca

It was something asking ' will you support me in October (or maybe upcoming election) press 3'.

Question sort of surprised me as I wasn't expecting a poll or options, just the canned call with location etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back