News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Jakobek--23 in 1982. And an ambitious-for-his-age 23, at that.

So, our examples of Toronto councillors who were elected young are a ridiculously full of himself leftie who used his CH office couch to cheat on his girlfriend, but who at least had the grace to withdraw from his mayoral bid at that point; and a ridiculously full of himself rightie caught accepting bribes.

I'm thinking I'm going to stick with my opinion that a little bit of experience is a good thing before you aim to get elected.

So it looks like the advertisement for FordFest was removed from the Camping website sometime overnight.

They still can't take back the Robocalls, though.

It's not actually the huge change that Forum makes it out to be (as usual). Ford and Tory went up by only 1%, which is statistically insignificant. Chow went down by 7%, which is significant but could just be a fluke. In the 3-way race, she's still well above Ford (though Tory is gaining ground). I think that's the basic story of the polls in the last few months: Ford is stalled in the twenties, and Chow and Tory are going to be fighting over first place.

They also have ethnic background in the poll. The numbers are too small to take them very seriously. However, it shows that Chow has a whopping 40% of the Asian vote. If that number is anywhere close to accurate, it puts to rest the debate over whether Asians actually like Chow.

Chow has more Asian votes than Kim Jung-Un. Everyone knows that.

Looking back, the 2010 municipal polls weren't as far off as I remember--aside from Ipsos Reid. Those guys seems to always be way off the mark.

They always seem to favour right wing candidates. If this is just data they are collecting, I wonder how they always manage that.

Have they done any polling yet for this municipal election? I'd be curious if they favoured Ford or Tory

Last edited:
Thank you for your email.

Parks, Forestry and Recreation staff issued the permit for the Friday, July 25th Ford Fest on Tuesday afternoon on behalf of the City as all required conditions were met.

The permit as requested is for a special event to which the public will be invited. City staff can only make decisions based on what is provided on the permit application, not on speculation about what we think will happen at the event. The description of this event is similar to the other 130+ community events that have already been held this year by other councillors in City facilities or parks.

There are clear City guidelines on restrictions on campaigning at a permitted event at a City park and the onus is on the permit applicant to abide by all applicable City and election policies.

Senior City staff met with the Mayor's Office on Monday to review the policies that must be followed during the event. A letter was also provided along with a copy of the applicable policies. In addition, Parks supervisors and bylaw enforcement officers will be onsite to monitor the event.

City staff apply the same consistent and fair process in reviewing all permit requests. As mentioned above, the onus is on the councillor or candidate to ensure that what happens at the event doesn't contravene City or election policies.

I hope this addresses your concerns regarding the Friday, July 25th Ford Fest.

Yours truly,

Joseph P. Pennachetti

I asked about the role of the bylaw officers and parks supervisors, and whether they have the ability to shut the event down in progress.

Tom Jakobek--23 in 1982. And an ambitious-for-his-age 23, at that.

No way Mikey comes close to either Jakobek or Giambrone. Giambrone went to university and graduated. He was active with the NDP from the age of 15 and became their party president. He had education, well established political involvement and activism which provided him with a much more robust resume for a six figure job. Jakobek started off as trustee before moving to council and ultimately becoming budget chief who delivered numerous successive no tax increase budgets. No way Mikey holds a candle to these guys. He may be a Ford but that's as far as it goes and frankly, it ain't nothing to brag about. That said, it's miles better than being a Stirpe I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back