News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, Jacobek. Employed on the side as the picture for "snake" in illustrated dictionaries.
He also managed to marry Ken Morrish's daughter, so he owns quite a bit of property in the Highland Creek and West Hill areas of Scarborough. A store in a plaza he owns was firebombed twice, which makes me wonder who he's doing business with these days. Snake doesn't begin to describle Jacobek.

How MM can post anything about a Ford arrest without a huge caveat is beyond me. But I guess if Bill Kristol continues to be asked his predictions...

Honestly, MM needs to cut it out. I'm chomping at the bit to see RoFo taken down, but I highly doubt that is something that would happen at Ford Fest.

A perp walk at the rally ( I mean festival ) ?

Perhaps a ticket from by-law officers for campaigning is more likely?

"every other time, the chatter preceded a significant event and/or checkpoint in the investigation. Been quiet for months."

"Charges dropped, deals made."

#fordfestarrest

Last edited:
Not that it makes any difference...I ran for Alderman in East York in 1972 I submitted my papers at 21...I lost to a future mayor and a long serving member who has a park and clubhouse named after him....

Stan Wadlow? There isn't anything out there on the interwebs that gives any information about him.

Tom Jakobek was a go-getter in high school but it seems he thought he was invincible as time went on and instead of serving the people it was about serving himself.

"every other time, the chatter preceded a significant event and/or checkpoint in the investigation. Been quiet for months."

"Charges dropped, deals made."

Is it a by-law that prevents campaigning, or a policy?

I seriously doubt that there will be any repercussions when the Fords inevitably blatantly ignore city policy. There never has been in the past, so why would that change now? By the time the IC or Ombudsman files a report about it, it won't matter anyway because none of these losers will be in office.

This isn't the movies - would you rather try to arrest him at a rally surrounded by a thousand supporters or knock on his hotel room door at 5:00am (assuming he's back by then)?

There's no "ticket" for a bylaw officer to issue. At best the integrity commissioner can stand off to the side and wag her finger extra-disapprovingly.

Once again the Brothers Dim are adding to big government by walking all over a self-regulated model that worked and forcing restrictions on everyone else.

I think the #FordFestArrest was tongue in cheek, although MM doesn't really have that type of comedic leeway with many people. I still think he is a piece in the puzzle, and shouldn't be completely disregarded.

If you read the tweets, he is saying that "chatter" has increased for the first time in a few months, and in similar fashion to other larger breaks in the case. That's all.

He mentioned the other day that Farah had been "very cooperative" with police, although stopped short of saying for sure that the dropped charges had to do with that. He was speculating just like the rest of us, but didn't state it as fact. Again, he conjectured again today on that same topic "Charges dropped, deals made?".

Is it a by-law that prevents campaigning, or a policy?

I saw this on UT ( Apparently from the City Manager ):

"In addition, Parks supervisors and bylaw enforcement officers will be onsite to monitor the event."

Maybe a ticket ( if there is such a ticket? ) from the by-law officer? Like when owners don't stoop and scoop after their dogs?

ETA: Mikey ( or someone for him? ) tweets, "Looking forward to meeting the residents of Ward 2 and discussing the issues in our community."

I suspect FoFam will keep him on a short leash and Doug will do most of the talking.

Last edited:
Stan Wadlow? There isn't anything out there on the interwebs that gives any information about him.

Tom Jakobek was a go-getter in high school but it seems he thought he was invincible as time went on and instead of serving the people it was about serving himself.
Yes...tell you a story...I met Mr Wadlow while he was canvassing (at my home)..we had a fairly long discussion re East York issues....he advised that the election was his last go round wanted to go out on a high note and I had no chance however I may have impressed him...He advised I should drop out declare my support for him and he would reciprocate giving me his support in 1974 election...Well I didn't and I never bothered to put my name up again...

Yes...tell you a story...I met Mr Wadlow while he was canvassing (at my home)..we had a fairly long discussion re East York issues....he advised that the election was his last go round wanted to go out on a high note and I had no chance however I may have impressed him...He advised I should drop out declare my support for him and he would reciprocate giving me his support in 1974 election...Well I didn't and I never bothered to put my name up again...

Thanks for the story. The old-time local politician, he probably would have done what he said on a handshake. The Brothers Fo and their ilk have managed to crush that into oblivion by crapping all over the honour system of following the rules knowing that they can get away with it while also being smug and arrogant about it.

Ya, Ekos was the closest during the provincial election. Forum had Liberals and PCs neck and neck for the most part until the end.

EKOS' final likely voter model (supposed to be the most accurate/refined) was the second worst poll for the Provincial elections. Ipsos Reid's likely voter poll was the worst: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VS26fyTWkvg/U5sqb2SbinI/AAAAAAAATWo/_38zN7odt9E/s1600/Pollsters.png

Pollsters.jpg

Attachments

• Pollsters.jpg
    Pollsters.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 939
@MichaelFordTO opened an official Twitter account on July 3. Today he's made his inaugural tweet. Seems to have the Doug death grin down pat.

Any follow up on that report that RF might have been high today or yesterday, while speaking to a journalist?

@MichaelFordTO opened an official Twitter account on July 3. Today he's made his inaugural tweet. Seems to have the Doug death grin down pat.

He apparently also deleted his Facebook page. Will be interesting to see what he has to say on his own (media are already trying to get him to talk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back