News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winner of the Great Pothole Challenge!: Perks crushes 311 at the wire, Rob Ford never returned our call

Pothole-08.jpg

http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/07/winner-of-great-pothole-challenge-perks.html

Attachments

• Pothole-08.jpg
    Pothole-08.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 853
It looks like CFRB has audio of at least one person calling a protester a "faggot."

Stuff like this will do nothing to convert the last vestiges of Ford Nayshun. But it does make sure that his support remains capped with no room for growth.

Wow, what a shameful display of thuggery. I don't think this is the time or the place for protests against Ford, mainly because I don't think it's fair to the people who are coming to the event to have a good time (even if they are Ford supporters), but it is a free country after all and nobody should be intimidated, threatened or assaulted. I'm a lot less proud to be a Torontonian today.

Don Whittemore, 62, had to ask a bystander to call police after he said he was assaulted by an angry supporter. Mr. Whittemore, who said he arrived alone and is not affiliated with any political organization, wore a Pride flag draped across his shoulders and carried a pink umbrella — a reference to the Sugar Beach umbrellas that the mayor has railed against.

“This guy started shouting some rather uncomplimentary things to a certain segment of our population, so I turned around and confronted him,” he said. “He hit me in the forehead, grabbed my hat, and they started pushing me, telling me to go home.”

He said he was not hurt in the interaction, adding “the only thing that’s hurt is my faith in my city

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...on-supporters-and-protesters/article19792905/

Attachments

• BtboTDMCAAEf5sm.jpg
    BtboTDMCAAEf5sm.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 908
I don't think this is the time or the place for protests against Ford, mainly because I don't think it's fair to the people who are coming to the event to have a good time (even if they are Ford supporters)

And yet, the Ford goon squad had no hesitancy whatsoever in disrupting the last candidates' debate, shouting down those they disagreed with, and just generally acting in an undemocratic manner. They seem to think they can do whatever they please, but can't handle even polite disagreements or displays of protestors that they don't happen to like. Just like their criminal thug hero. Funny, that.

Shocked and appalled.

The Scarborough handshake.

Oh dear god please no, as humorous and satirical as that is. I already got asked more than a few times if I carry a gun when I say I'm from Scarborough. If this is how Rofo and Thug shows their love for Scarborough, I think there's another term that's closer to the truth. And it has nothing to do with love.

And yet, the Ford goon squad had no hesitancy whatsoever in disrupting the last candidates' debate, shouting down those they disagreed with, and just generally acting in an undemocratic manner. They seem to think they can do whatever they please, but can't handle even polite disagreements or displays of protestors that they don't happen to like. Just like their criminal thug hero. Funny, that.

Of course, that debate was one of the most disgusting things I've seen. No class, all heckling and shouting.

These guys have no right to lay their hands on the protesters. It's fine to disagree with them, but threatening and assaulting them is against the law. Criminals attract other criminals I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back