News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sears has the approval of Neil Flagg. Flagg also endorses Reg Hartt for ward 20...

Well, that settles it. "I's Heres For Sears". Also, almost got into a Donnybrook with Reg once. Just wanted to watch cartoons. He wanted to talk about Rochdale. There were exchanges.

I hope his deft vulnerability is on display as campaigning gets heated. 'Cuz popcorn.

Thank you for this, I was starting to think I was insane. I also did a google search and it was referred to as "boystown" in a Now article, so yeah, obviously other people know it as this as well.

But I do agree with katz, it is sexist, and The Village is a more appropriate name.

I've heard it called The Village, or Church St, Church and Wellesley, but yeah I've never heard it being called boystown either. Not saying it's not called that by other people, I just never heard it myself.

And speaking of the LGBTQ community; Ford Nayshunites are showing their true f'ld up selves and are being violent towards the LGBTQ protestors.

This is just straight up ugly and disgusting. There are no laws against thinking -thoughts- against gay people or anyone else, but there sure as hell laws against -physical- assaults.
This isn't 'Straight Pride'. It's straight hate.

It's useless to say 'shame on you MINO Ford'. The asswipe has no shame. I can only say "How dare you Rob, how dare you play this ugly and dangerous game, and when it threatens to spill into violence, all you will do is shrug and say I didn't -personally- do it."

And now for something completely different....Solid waste contracts and costs
Did DWM's committee ask Toronto Solid Waste for an inhouse quote on cost to do District 1 (Etobicoke)
The new 8 year contract was let to Miller Waste at a cost of 88,606,843/8 = 11,075.855 per year or 169.26 per household (65,429 households in District 1)
The auditor studied District 2 costs for 2011 and came up with 27.5M actual if picked up by City workers...this equates to $166.26 per household (165,407 households in District 2)
Interesting, eh the private contractor for District 1 will be charging more household than the estimated cost per household if picked up by City workers in District 2.....

good question. where can the answer be found? it's not here, http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2014.PW32.22, is it?

It's not often that you get to meet a future prime minister in a park in Scarborough.

Kismet. Shaking hands with destiny.

Plus, the guy in the Poor Boy Cap has a smoke in his ear. Or is it a Bic pen? Just an old bare-knuckled journamalist, then?

Newsie?

Whatever. Fordy more years!

I suspect part of it is she loves attention

I've never had more contradictory feelings about anyone in this whole mess than I've had about her. Part of me wants to shake her, another part wants to hug her.

Most recent response to that tweet:

@RobFordFactsCA 3m
@leeeee34 @r4v4g3dsku11s Rob's pretty cheap so no point trying to get him to man up. Know anything valuable? Some mags pay for excl. stories

I can't look away.

horse park.jpg

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/492820210198409218

Attachments

• horse park.jpg
    horse park.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 832
I swear someone posted in this thread that all the other candidates should show up to FordFest to protest/counteract Rob's campaigning. So Stintz appears to be doing just that and gets chewed out? Because of some kooky speculation posted here (and supported by zero evidence) that she is gathering supporters so she can drop out of the race and ship those supporters over to Ford? (By the way, she can't ship any supporters to Ford; she can endorse him, and the people who were her supporters can CHOOSE to take her advice -- or not.)

I don't even like Stintz and I think she's not very bright, but it's just possible that she went there a) to make a point about FordFest and campaigning (by wearing the Stintz for Mayor shirt); and b) trying to be friendly and talk to people and steal a few supporters away from Ford -- which is pretty much what candidates do.

I have no doubt that's exactly what Stintz had in mind: Her "plan," ever since she flip-flopped on the Scarborough subway boondoggle, appears to be that she come across as a more 'reasonable' Rob Ford. Which is lunacy. Ford's hardcore troglodyte fan base simply are not interested in a more tepid, centrist version of Ford; they want the real thing. Stintz is hopelessly grasping with this stupid little gameplan, and she doesn't appear to have any other tactics in mind. Which has earned her my unbridled contempt. After the shit Ford has pulled against her, she should be treating him like something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe. At least, that's what she should be doing if she wants to retain the least shred of credibility in this little horse race. Instead, she's idiotically pursuing a demographic she doesn't have a hope in hell of attaining, making herself look like a fool in the process. Yes, people in politics are capable of gulling themselves into believing all sorts of demonstrable nonsense if they think it'll get them some votes...but there's a limit, y'know? Willful stupidity of this magnitude just annoys me.

And with the ugliness that's unsurprisingly broken out at tonight's Thug Fest, I don't think it unfair to note it's not all that different than if Stintz was opportunistically marching in solidarity with
Nazis or the KKK in the hopes of garnering a few measly votes. And votes that she's likely not going to even get, at that. It's one thing when a narcissistic flake like Sara Thomson shows up on horseback. Stintz is still technically a mainstream candidate. She had no business giving this event her own personal stamp of legitimacy by patronizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back