Really disappointed to hear the waterfall is gone. First the L tower, and now theatre park -- are water features so hard to build in this city? Other cities have waterfalls and fountains in their pocket parks. We deserve something like Paley or Greenacre park in our city's densest neighbourhoods.

Nice building, ruined by a cheapo short-cut on the roof. The green glass is staying.

They may try to hide it, but it will still be visible, awkward, and very green.

Another building great in concept and design, but marred by poor execution. It still looks pretty good, but not great like it should've been. Ultimately this is "mass-produced" architecture though, and while there are many lovely projects in Toronto, it's mostly institutional or smaller scale. Highrise condos will rarely meet or exceed the fantastical renderings we're presented during the early stages of development due to the nature of the business.

Another building great in concept and design, but marred by poor execution. It still looks pretty good, but not great like it should've been. Ultimately this is "mass-produced" architecture though, and while there are many lovely projects in Toronto, it's mostly institutional or smaller scale. Highrise condos will rarely meet or exceed the fantastical renderings we're presented during the early stages of development due to the nature of the business.

Makes me think that the worst people in this city right now and the greatest threat to its long term well being are actually our con artist developers and their milquetoast, enabling architects. Generations from now the Fords will be a dim memory while POS glass boxes like this one will be haunting every street corner. (And this is actually one of the better POSGB)

Last edited:
Really disappointed to hear the waterfall is gone. First the L tower, and now theatre park -- are water features so hard to build in this city? Other cities have waterfalls and fountains in their pocket parks. We deserve something like Paley or Greenacre park in our city's densest neighbourhoods.

Water features are expensive to build, and an ongoing expense to operate, clean and repair. Nobody wants the liability, which is why few are built, and existing ones are removed.

A prime example is Yorkdale's oval fountain with large bronze “Triton” by Graham Coughtey, that used to sit in the middle....the fountain was removed and the bronze was unceremoniously thrown in the parking lot.....THE PARKING LOT!!! (along with Gerald Gladstone's monumental "Universal Man".) They also removed the other water feature from another atrium area of the mall.

Last edited:
Losing the continuation of the bands external to the mechanical penthouse, which appear in some renders, probably saved money. But that doesn't explain the change in the colour if the glass, IMO. Would it really have cost any more to buy glass that was the same colour as the rest of the building? Was there a special on green glass that week?

It makes me wonder if there is some explanation we haven't heard yet but I can't imagine what it might be.

Makes me think that the worst people in this city right now and the greatest threat to its long term well being are actually our con artist developers and their milquetoast, enabling architects. Generations from now the Fords will be a dim memory while POS glass boxes like this one will be haunting every street corner. (And this is actually one of the better POSGB)

This building is far from POS. That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

Anyways, condos are built for investors from different continents, not for the citizens of this city. As long as that continues, we'll see cost cutting, bait and switch maneuvers and catering to a demographic that lives thousands of miles away.

Last edited:
As was mentioned earlier in this thread, the green glass at the top will not stay looking green so I'm not sure why people are still harping on it!! Let's wait until the building is finished. I bought a unit in this building as well as some of Brad's other projects and I've never been disappointed. His standard finishes are much better than most developers upgrades. I'm disappointed with the loss of the water feature, but I can understand that this was probably costly and difficult logistically to execute. Its being replaced by a public art sculpture that will hopefully be quite nice.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, the green glass at the top will not stay looking green so I'm not sure why people are still harping on it!! Let's wait until the building is finished. I bought a unit in this building as well as some of Brad's other projects and I've never been disappointed. His standard finishes are much better than most developers upgrades. I'm disappointed with the loss of the water feature, but I can understand that this was probably costly and difficult logistically to execute. Its being replaced by a public art sculpture that will hopefully be quite nice.

Good to hear the green will change colour. What is the mechanism by which that will happen?

Yeah, sure... Just like the bottle caps at Absolute World. I hope I'm wrong though.

A different perspective, from Adelaide.

14827691854_404290d9d4_b.jpg

14826963631_4f11a2a088_b.jpg

How is it possible that the appearance of the mechanical glass won't stay looking green? Will some sort of screen be put behind the glass? Does that hard boiled egg (Brad Lamb) ever answer questions from such small timers as ourselves?

Back