News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There are a lot of forest fires in the north right now, it's smoky everywhere.

Yeah, smog in Toronto has decreased drastically in the past few decades. I remember when summer used to have smog days seemingly daily. It's MUCH more clear now than it was just 10 years ago. In 2005 we had 48 smog days, this year we haven't even had ONE yet!

It isn't always smog that makes photos cloud over like that. I would put my money on a combination of heat (heat waves visible in the air don't always equal smog) and shooting without the sun at your back. A shot facing east in the morning and west in the afternoon (or facing anywhere at noon) can produce a washed out sky and the appearance of smog

Last edited:
95bc0b59-d6f4-4546-ac89-3f13c9e8964b_zpsa5af23b2.jpg

ff456696-5820-4a25-af33-6341877215fb_zps85a2d6cb.jpg

dc86450d-3a0e-48a3-8bcd-6f8f3add6d0b_zpsf0ec8124.jpg

^ Great shot in that first pic Jasonzed! Seems like the photos are getting better and better from that drone of yours and the vantage points your getting seem like there are limitless possibilities! It's a great shot of the CBD and the 1 Yonge site which (if built to size) will provide a great counter balance to the financial district cluster.

Be extremely careful when doing drone work on the Island - It is controlled airspace. If you try and fly a kite while picnicking on the Island Parks workers will come along and tall you to take the kits down. You got very lucky... you might still get an email warning if someone in the loop sees these photos. Nice work BTW.

Be extremely careful when doing drone work on the Island - It is controlled airspace. If you try and fly a kite while picnicking on the Island Parks workers will come along and tall you to take the kits down. You got very lucky... you might still get an email warning if someone in the loop sees these photos. Nice work BTW.

Do drones pose much of a threat to planes? Are they any instances of them flying into the engines of a jet?

Lots of changes in the 16 months between these shots I took. Some more subtle than other.

E7B3wep.jpg

Back