8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 1m
Doug Ford spokesman says the candidate has no planned appearances or events today #topoli

Full steam ahead!

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 5m
Doug Ford tells the Globe his campaign will soon be "full steam ahead," adding to the ever-growing Ships category of the Ford Idioms list.

Last edited:
I'm having the most frustrating twitter convo with SAL. Surprise.

She talks down to me. Then claims she was beaten and locked away for 20 yrs. and I wouldn't know, but guess what, I do. She hasn't dealt with it obviously. Anyway it's pointless really, to argue, to even dare to get through to these quacks.

SAL is the queen of the call-and-response school of insults. She has that whole nya-nya-nya thing going in person. When I got into a verbal exchange with her, she ended up mocking my accent. Classy girl herself.

SAL is the queen of the call-and-response school of insults. She has that whole nya-nya-nya thing going in person. When I got into a verbal exchange with her, she ended up mocking my accent. Classy girl herself.

Her conversations with Ian MacIntyre are always entertaining to watch. She's always incredibly out of her depth and Ian calls her on everything.

To be fair, I think he said it would be full steam ahead after today's press conference.

Yeah, with the iceburg that is supposedly the big C in sight. I can only marvel at the wisdom of such acts from my own experience as a cancer caregiver.

AoD

Last edited:
To be fair, I think he said it would be full steam ahead after today's press conference.

It would make a lot of sense to simply go full steam ahead after announcing his brother is on his death bed.

Or that he's miraculously fine.

Both scenarios are idiotic at best.

It would make a lot of sense to simply go full steam ahead after announcing his brother is on his death bed.

That is what I mean. Shouldn't Doug be devastated to learn that his brother has a serious illness?

I suspect that Doug already knows what will be announced, and (it seems to me) that is likely to be that Robbie has cancer but he has some chance of his treatment (chemo, whatever) being successful - therefore, an obvious scenario runs: The best thing to help Robbie beat this (the morale is the best medicine cliche) is for Doug to get out there and make sure that the City remains in the hands of the Fords (does not slip back into the chaos and bankrupty of the Miller years - remember that?), and so we should vote for Doug for the same reason that we should clap for Tinkerbelle.

I'm having the most frustrating twitter convo with SAL. Surprise.

Her original post:

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 9h
The lack of humanity and pettiness by the trolls/Lib elitists/some media in this city re: RoFo is shocking, but sadly telling.

To which I responded that my "lack of humanity" (read: sympathy) is not politically motivated. That was my main point. What is with the damn FN/SAL/JW whatevers always crying that any criticism against the Fords is a lefty/liberal/elitist thing - I'm so sick of it.

Some comments by her:

"Aren't we full of ourself...seems you've had a charmed life. Self-righteousness is unbecoming dear girl."

"There but for the grace of G-d go I. One hopes you never find yourself in need of compassion, angry girl."

(I asked her to pls stop calling me "girl", but apparently I have girl as part of my Twitter handle - it's a business name, so it was ok for her to call me that).

She talks down to me. Then claims she was beaten and locked away for 20 yrs. and I wouldn't know, but guess what, I do. She hasn't dealt with it obviously. Anyway it's pointless really, to argue, to even dare to get through to these quacks.

She really is no better than the average FN who whines about 'bullying' whenever even the mildest criticism of Ford is uttered, but with an added layer of condescension.

What's all this about being beaten and locked away?

I suspect that Doug already knows what will be announced, and (it seems to me) that is likely to be that Robbie has cancer but he has some chance of his treatment (chemo, whatever) being successful - therefore, an obvious scenario runs: The best thing to help Robbie beat this (the morale is the best medicine cliche) is for Doug to get out there and make sure that the City remains in the hands of the Fords (does not slip back into the chaos and bankrupty of the Miller years - remember that?), and so we should vote for Doug for the same reason that we should clap for Tinkerbelle.

Very well put, and very accurate I suspect.

That dreaded fiscal cliff! The Republicans used it as a scare tactic as well.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m
Mt. Sinai says Dr. Zane Cohen will again be giving a "brief medical update" on Rob Ford's condition at 5PM today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back