News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - this articulates well the theme that MetroMan tweeted last night.

View attachment 33559

this makes me wonder if there isn't some stipulation in the books that changes the parameters of an election if a Mayor is terminally ill or is incapacitated in some other way. the municipal elections act has a clause around when a candidate dies between the end of nominations and the close of the poll, but that's all I could find...

...at what point does Rob actually step down as mayor and hand the reins over to Norm Kelly. Who decides if he's too sick (either due to illness or treatment) to continue?

All that is required for the reins to go to the DM (again) for the balance of this term is for Robbie to take (another) leave of absence. Who decides to put Robbie on leave? Robbie does (or not) - yet another aspect of our system that depends on honourable conduct (whether essential or, cynically, caused by a fear of being shamed).

ETA: And yes, before someone feels the need to add it, Robbie is not honourable and he is shameless.

Some background for Doug to consider before threatening the chaos and bankruptcy of the Miller years. http://www.citythatworks.ca/2014/09/can-we-talk-about-budget.html?m=1

Meanwhile if today's 5 p.m. brief announcement does indeed contain dire news, at what point does Rob actually step down as mayor and hand the reins over to Norm Kelly. Who decides if he's too sick (either due to illness or treatment) to continue?

Does it make much of a difference at this point? He's the mayor in name only, nothing but a powerless figurehead. His illness doesn't really change anything at this point.

Doug invoking Jack and Olivia (boosting Chow at the expense of Tory and opening up a potential for splitting the vote and running up the middle) could very well be what was foreshadowed here.
Just when you think they can't sink any lower ...

So the guy who posted a photo from the hospital yesterday saying that he's next door to Rob Ford and they're going to be cancer brothers, turns out they're not even in the same hospital. The guy is "next door" at Princess Margaret. He posted a comment saying so on his instagram.

Wait maybe Rob was telling the truth when he said his "heart bleeds" for this and that. He might have meant literally. I am not going to fake sympathy for this guy, faking sympathy would be as pointing as Robs "my heart bleeds" speeches and than doing nothing or actually campaigning for those things he claims to be saddened to continue happening. I am a pretty sympathetic person in general, for people I know and don't know. The problem with Ford is that we ALL KNOW what type of horrible guy he is. Before we have sympathy for him, lets put some context with the man

~He said people with aids have it it's their own fault and didn't want to give funding to help them
~Said Cyclists who die is their own fault, without even looking at the specific circumstances of the accident
~Voted against funding nurses from the Province to keep up his "one tax payer" reputation. He didn't give a sh*t about the people who would need them.
~Voted against school breakfast for underprivileged kids. Then walks around like he the king of helping them
~Campaigned against public transit for Downtown that could help benefit others around the city to get to a Downtown hospital easier (you know the same one his fat ass is currently in)

~voted against women shelter, when there are talks of domestic violence calls coming from his house
~voted against rehab centre, when he himself is on drugs
~voted for tough on crime measures. Wanting to lock people up, when he himself participates in criminal activities & gets away with what he wants to ruin others who did the same thing.
~Brought "War on the Car" myth to the city, made every motorist feel like a "victim" at the expense of every pedestrian and cyclist and put citizens at risk. Pushing for rejection of any method that might actually SAVE lives so he can play the political victim game with a voting block.

With all these reasons, he shown again and again he doesn't care for others unless it can benefit himself. He will literally hurt 65% of the population if it means in can squeak into power with pandering to 35% of the people

On a lighter note...

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.25.05 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.25.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.25.05 AM.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 779
Just when you think they can't sink any lower ...

recall rob's in vino veritas declaration that he'd rather lose to chow than tory. because in his (and his family's) mind, rob IS the right in toronto - nobody else gets to have that side of the spectrum.

i bet the ford strategy now is to split the opposition by driving tory's soft support to chow, and then sneak through the middle to win. expect doug and rob both to be quite complimentary to chow in the coming days.

Doug invoking Jack and Olivia (boosting Chow at the expense of Tory and opening up a potential for splitting the vote and running up the middle) could very well be what was foreshadowed here.

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.27.50 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.27.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.27.50 AM.png
    41 KB · Views: 755
5:00PM and No FoFam, just Doctors, so should be bullshit free.

I expect to hear a statement, but not an Ask Me Anything type discussion with the hospital by medical expert types like CNN's Dr Sanjay Gupta.

What's with Warmington and his drama over a few gentle jibes at a politician? Of course we all wish the MINO the best of health.

View attachment 33563

Didn't Jack mentor Ford somewhat when Ford first became a counsellor? I have no doubt that Olivia abhors Ford as mayor but also that she has a certain soft spot for him, considering also his affection for and connection to Jack. I mean, people are complex creatures. I think that's it's likely that what she and Doug are saying is sincere, but no doubt also mixed in with political considerations. Chow probably knows that if she shows her sympathy, she can score points with people who are beat up about Rob's illness, at the expense of heartless Tory.

Then again, the Ford's have surprised me again and again. I have been punished for having any faith in their humanity. I don't doubt Doug's ability to leverage any amount of public good will for political gain. I just hope he keeps to his promise to let the doctors speak to Rob's condition, because we can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Like it or not, it's a smart strategy, they did the same thing with Joey Pants last election when Ford buttered Pants when he knew he wasn't a threat, which even got Pants in a debate said he trusts Ford more than Smitherman.

If that is a strategy it really starts pushing the conspiracy theory that is stuck in my mind that Doug sabotaged Rob's "camping" since the election begun. Rob strategy this time around was to attack everybody in sight, even if they are not contenders. Now Doug walks in and has all of a sudden a possible much more logical strategy. I know there is a high possibility that Doug is an idiot as well, but it might also explain the totally illogical post rehab anti-press move they did on their first press conference. Did he really want Rob's numbers never to be "that good" so he can walk in and look good in contrast.

By the way I never EVER bought Doug "wanting to go back to chicago" Did his house ever go on sale, doesn't he have daughters still in HS. Are they going to transfer? Does his wife work? Any word he getting ready to leave? Remember Doug lies all the time, and when he said "He's ready to go to Chicago" he also said he would "stand by his brother side after Rob wins re-election" Never take anything Doug says at face value.

Full steam ahead!

Toot Toot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLb-wAtn5rk

I'm daydreaming about a list of his top 10 "I'm bored" deathbed confessions.

http://listverse.com/2009/09/29/top-10-fascinating-deathbed-confessions/

"Confessed to: the Murder of William Desmond Taylor"

I don't think she did it. I think it was an organised crime drug hit.

SAL is the queen of the call-and-response school of insults. She has that whole nya-nya-nya thing going in person. When I got into a verbal exchange with her, she ended up mocking my accent. Classy girl herself.

She seems very nice in person, but some of her columns...

Last edited:

Every time Doug says something nice about Chow, you know what he's really doing. And Chow's doing the same thing back by presenting herself as the "sympathetic" candidate. Pretty sleazy on both ends, although to the average person it probably seems the opposite.

I'd still vote for Chow, though, unless a Tory vote is really necessary to stop Doug. It's all about the policies, in my opinion, even if I don't like the politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back