8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 1m
Renata Ford arrives at Mount Sinai. Said she's trying to remain positive. #TOpoli

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 35s
Renata Ford says “we have a lot of faith in the doctors and we have a lot of faith in God.” #TOpoli

Sounds grim...

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 2.24.24 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 2.24.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 2.24.24 PM.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 754
I'd almost forgotten how big a buffoon Howard Moscoe was. Young Robbie must have been taking notes.

Presumably the helicopter that Cllr Rob Ford thought could be bought for $1.5M would have included the AA batteries for the remote control.

(IIRC, the cost of the helicopter that The Queen gave Prince William for his birthday was $11 million.)

Um. An R66 which can spend 3 hours on station and fly at over 120kt, fully equipped with police gear - imaging, lights, all the good stuff - is like $1.1m USD. Aviation is expensive, but police helicopters are small. For comparison, you can buy an older 737 for about $3.5m! Aviation is expensive, but be realistic.

I think if they are cancelling the debate, then the news will be grim.

All of the acceptable family members seem to be descending on the hospital as we type.

All this deathbed talk is being laid on real thick by the family and doctors. Also, why is a debate being postponed when the guy who the 5 pm presser is about isn't running any longer?

Apparently, the National Club debate wandered into onto the topic of police helicopters. A 'blast from the past':

View attachment 33569

https://twitter.com/graphicmatt/status/512298499803602944

Presumably the helicopter that Cllr Rob Ford thought could be bought for $1.5M would have included the AA batteries for the remote control.

(IIRC, the cost of the helicopter that The Queen gave Prince William for his birthday was $11 million.)

A bog-standard Bell 206 will run about $1m or so. I know that the LAPD mostly uses the Eurocopter AS350, and that's around $2.4m base price. But I have no idea what type of modifications would be required in order to make it useful for police, nor do I have even the slightest clue what it would cost to actually operate the damn thing.

There's a world of difference between a basic civilian helicopter and that Agusta that the Queen gave the Prince. The Agusta is a luxury helicopter fit for a CEO.

Last edited:
Um. An R66 which can spend 3 hours on station and fly at over 120kt, fully equipped with police gear - imaging, lights, all the good stuff - is like $1.1m USD. Aviation is expensive, but police helicopters are small. For comparison, you can buy an older 737 for about $3.5m! Aviation is expensive, but be realistic.

Well, if police helicopters are such cheap junk, I want one like William got!

All this deathbed talk is being laid on real thick by the family and doctors. Also, why is a debate being postponed when the guy who the 5 pm presser is about isn't running any longer?

It is about the Ford family getting their way again.

Given that the whole family showed up, it doesn't sound like a benign tumor.

I know that the LAPD mostly uses the Eurocopter AS350, and that's around $2.4m base price. But I have no idea what type of modifications would be required in order to make it useful for police...

I think those cameras that automatically do not record black citizens being beaten are pretty costly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back