News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't expect it to be anything other brief. He'll probably say a series of tests has been completed, they have an initial diagnosis and that the medical team is ready to proceed with a treatment program. He may say whether or not Rob is dealing with a malignancy, though I wouldn't count on it 100%. There's a good chance he may also outline the broad terms of treatment. eg. the program will include surgery and chemo (or whatever). After that, I'm sure the docs will only speak about medicine in general terms. I have no expectations that they will comment on Rob's prognosis.

Remembering how fortunate our city has been over the years.

Today marks the 65th anniversary of Toronto's largest loss of life in a disaster.

BEN KOSMAN of Cleveland, who fled to safety, told of seeing ship attendants trying to stem the roaring flames with hand extinguishers.
"They might have been trying to put out hell with their fountain pens," he said brokenly.

That's an awesome quote.

http://www3.gendisasters.com/ontario/8701/toronto-on-ship-noronic-burns-sept-1949

The Noronic?

Trying to save the lives of 200 people and witnessing the death of 119 others. The day shift was faced with the grim task of recovering the remains of those that perished in the fire.

Sort of puts the drama of today's 5 o'clock news into perspective for Toronto residents old enough to remember, and thank-full we never faced anything as bad as that since.

You are more than likely right. Or maybe they told him it wasn't serious and he has such a "superman" complex that he just ignored it. Explain why a man who has had health scares in the recent past still goes on living the most unhealthy lifestyle you can possible have?

The problem is the Fords don't react like normal people do, there is a mix of delusion, pathological lying and ego that is hard to read at times. That's why there are so many conspiracy theories going around. There entire lives, including this episode they don't conduct themselves like 95% of normal human beings would. That's why you just feel like somethings up .
The problem is, there's no such thing as "reacting like normal people" -- that's just a societal construct. The idea that everyone repents and changes their ways after a 'scare' is the stuff of after-school specials. Who decides what's normal, anyway?

Was it ever established who the woman in sunglasses is? Could she be Randy's daughter? (IIRC he has a daughter who is in her 20s, as well as a son.)

I thought we'd figured out his kids (Madison and Jonathan) with his ex-wife Lisa (the hairdresser) were quite young. One was pictured in the Doug Ford Sr Park dedication photo looking about the same size/age as Rob's daughter. He may well have other, illegitimate kids, but I don't see why they'd be at a photo-op. Kathy's got an adult daughter (older than Mikey) but I don't know where she is now. (Busy at work, no time to wrestle with the forum's search function to try and dredge this stuff up -- if the search is working at all.)

I wouldn't expect it to be anything other brief. He'll probably say a series of tests has been completed, they have an initial diagnosis and that the medical team is ready to proceed with a treatment program. He may say whether or not Rob is dealing with a malignancy, though I wouldn't count on it 100%. There's a good chance he may also outline the broad terms of treatment. eg. the program will include surgery and chemo (or whatever). After that, I'm sure the docs will only speak about medicine in general terms. I have no expectations that they will comment on Rob's prognosis.

If they are outlining a treatment plan that includes chemo or radiation, then it is clearly malignant.

I expect they will also discuss whether there are metastases and where, or at the very least that they have identified areas of concern and are exploring them further.

They definitely won't comment on prognosis. Too many variables, and that is most definitely information they would only share with the patient and/or family directly.

If you lived on Twitter you easily could come to believe that the Rapture will be livestreamed from Mt. Sinai at 5 PM today.

I think that your prediction of what actually will occur is astute.

Didn't Jack mentor Ford somewhat when Ford first became a counsellor? I have no doubt that Olivia abhors Ford as mayor but also that she has a certain soft spot for him, considering also his affection for and connection to Jack.
By that standard, Jack fought very hard to get the DRL cancelled when he was a councillor. Should we then also assume that Olivia would share is hatred of the DRL subway?

You don't believe that a woman who lost her partner to cancer can put politics aside an be genuinely concerned for Ford's well being?

The amount of cynicism is depressing. Cancer is a horrible, horrible disease. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, not even Rob Ford. And I can completely believe that a woman who watched it waste her husband would be incredibly empathetic and supportive of others in the same position.

No, RoFo doesn't have empathy for the suffering of others, but Chow is better than that. Hell, I'm better than that. I want the Ford brothers out of office, I want to see Rob testify against Lisi, and I want to see the thousands of hours of surveillance lead to Rob in jail, but at the end of the day we are still talking about a human being, and the father of two children, and though I don't have any more empathy for him than I do for anyone else I've known in this situation, I don't have any less either.

If you don't think Chow and Layton used Jack's disease to their brands advantage... I have a bridge to sell you. Politicians, like people, are self interested, regardless of where they sit on the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back