News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't tell Rob? He was the patient. That's not very plausible.

You are more than likely right. Or maybe they told him it wasn't serious and he has such a "superman" complex that he just ignored it. Explain why a man who has had health scares in the recent past still goes on living the most unhealthy lifestyle you can possible have?

The problem is the Fords don't react like normal people do, there is a mix of delusion, pathological lying and ego that is hard to read at times. That's why there are so many conspiracy theories going around. There entire lives, including this episode they don't conduct themselves like 95% of normal human beings would. That's why you just feel like somethings up .

Every time Doug says something nice about Chow, you know what he's really doing. And Chow's doing the same thing back by presenting herself as the "sympathetic" candidate. Pretty sleazy on both ends, although to the average person it probably seems the opposite.

I'd still vote for Chow, though, unless a Tory vote is really necessary to stop Doug. It's all about the policies, in my opinion, even if I don't like the politics.

You don't believe that a woman who lost her partner to cancer can put politics aside an be genuinely concerned for Ford's well being?

The amount of cynicism is depressing. Cancer is a horrible, horrible disease. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, not even Rob Ford. And I can completely believe that a woman who watched it waste her husband would be incredibly empathetic and supportive of others in the same position.

No, RoFo doesn't have empathy for the suffering of others, but Chow is better than that. Hell, I'm better than that. I want the Ford brothers out of office, I want to see Rob testify against Lisi, and I want to see the thousands of hours of surveillance lead to Rob in jail, but at the end of the day we are still talking about a human being, and the father of two children, and though I don't have any more empathy for him than I do for anyone else I've known in this situation, I don't have any less either.

Splitting the opposition vote is just normal election strategy, nothing devious or Fordian about it.

It's kind of crass and obvious, actually. But, yes, invoking sympathy by exploiting a supposed deathbed illness to do so is pretty disgusting, and goes well beyond the limits of good taste. So, yeah: Fordian.

I've wondered about this before. Maybe Doug, fed up with Rob's antics, caused Rob to unnecessarily panic and drop out of the race so he could take the helm of the family's political fortunes.

Hell, for all we know, Thug approached Diane during the Slobhab stint, and told her words to the effect of "The fuck up's had his chance, and he blew it. Now it's my turn!"

Sue-Ann Levy ‏@SueAnnLevy 11h
@KnottygirlVP After 20 yrs living in the closet and being beaten and left for dead, I have empathy for others with flaws. Might try it..

Fuck SAL, and I say that as a gay male. After "20 yrs living in the closet and being beaten and left for dead," she's allied herself with a pack of brutish homophobes whose anti-gay bigotry is a huge attraction for their base of neandrathal supporters. To hell with them, and her.

Remembering how fortunate our city has been over the years.

Today marks the 65th anniversary of Toronto's largest loss of life in a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back