News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all went to school with Warmington?

It always amazes me that people who are paid to listen and report so often can't get a simple quote correct.

So ... the doctor didn't mention any scans done at spa-hab. Does that mean that this reputable rehab centre doesn't do a thorough intake physical? Or does it mean that Ford wasn't ever a "real" patient there? Or ???[/QUITE]

I gotta jump in on the Greenestone stuff. Its a real addiction treatment centre that is great despite its owner/ President. I would still send family or friends there even though I was dealt a shitty hand by management. That being said do I think Rofo got well at rehab? No not at all. However at any time there will be a percentage of patients who are not ready to surrender to recovery. Those people usually leave treatment and relapse. If they have had a positive experience at the treatment centre they will often return once they hit bottom.Keeping these people in treatment when they are not ready to commit is part of for profit treatment. If I ran a treatment centre I would run it along similar lines. It turns out that the other patients are often influenced in a positive way by watching some of their peers fumble. The system works well but can be thrown out of whack by a really bombastic personality. I think that sums up the situation at greenestone while ford attended. The staff would have been overwhelmed by his fame, his personality, his entourage, and of course as it was mentioned upthread he brought Greenestone its first profitable quarter.

Totally noticed that. It was like a set up. "has the cancer spread to the organs?" "no! not the ORGANS".

I don't see it that way. He answered exactly the question he was asked. A plant? I doubt it. He spoke clearly about the second tumor when asked if the cancer had spread. FWIW. I was surprised that he noted — essentially unprompted — that Rob never had a tumor on his appendix. He didn't have to do that.

We seem to be drinking the same kool-aid on this! Have you read Dr. Maté's book?

I found it really eye opening, and as I scanned through the mental list of people I knew/had known who'd developed not only cancer but the other diseases he talks about in the book, like IBS, MS, ALS and scleroderma I was amazed at how closely their experiences correlated to what he describes.

Yes, I have read the book, and what I liked most is his approach is the integration of mind and body, something that is a divergent to common professional practices.

Whole healing opens up a lost understanding of who we are, and how we function as intelligent machines, so to speak.

I don't see it that way. He answered exactly the question he was asked. A plant? I doubt it. He spoke clearly about the second tumor when asked if the cancer had spread. FWIW. I was surprised that he noted — essentially unprompted — that Rob never had a tumor on his appendix. He didn't have to do that.
He similarly made mention of the non-existent biopsy. I think he likes to set the record straight :)

dougweb.png

Attachments

• dougweb.png
    dougweb.png
    361.7 KB · Views: 697
Is The Star the only paper that is expecting ITO stuff Friday? I wonder if they will go ahead and publish it in light of today's announcement.

Why wouldn't they???? Seriously, I'm getting sick of this 'do you think XXXX will say something bad about Ford? Will it look like they're piling on because he's sick?"

Having cancer doesn't absolve you from prior transgressions. I get that he's in likely in a lot of pain, but what about the pain he has inflicted on others? "Hey, I had people beaten on my behalf, but, you know, cancer, so you can't say anything bad about me..."

This is a demonstrably violent man (see: murder rant video), who in all likelihood has had violence committed on his behalf (see: separate McIntyre/Basso beatings, and potentially other stuff). I don't think his physical state of health should have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not ITO evidence of his misdeeds are released.

Why wouldn't they???? Seriously, I'm getting sick of this 'do you think XXXX will say something bad about Ford? Will it look like they're piling on because he's sick?"

Having cancer doesn't absolve you from prior transgressions. I get that he's in likely in a lot of pain, but what about the pain he has inflicted on others? "Hey, I had people beaten on my behalf, but, you know, cancer, so you can't say anything bad about me..."

This is a demonstrably violent man (see: murder rant video), who in all likelihood has had violence committed on his behalf (see: separate McIntyre/Basso beatings, and potentially other stuff). I don't think his physical state of health should have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not ITO evidence of his misdeeds are released.

Hey, I am with you but I just don't know what their thinking is. They, as well as Chow and Tory are likely going to be walking on egg shells for the next 40 days while Doug milks this for all its worth. It's really no different than The Star burying the brass knuckles article last week after Ford was hospitalised.

You are as clueless as SAL, if you don't know something then you should do some research. Stress can easily and negatively affect the immune system. Cancers are most likely the result of genetic predisposition and/or a compromised immune system. I suggest a start by looking up "auto-immune disease" and expanding your scope of knowledge.

This is kind of harsh compared to your usual style. Are you secretly broken up about Robbie?

I gotta jump in on the Greenestone stuff. Its a real addiction treatment centre that is great despite its owner/ President. I would still send family or friends there even though I was dealt a shitty hand by management. That being said do I think Rofo got well at rehab? No not at all. However at any time there will be a percentage of patients who are not ready to surrender to recovery. Those people usually leave treatment and relapse. If they have had a positive experience at the treatment centre they will often return once they hit bottom.Keeping these people in treatment when they are not ready to commit is part of for profit treatment. If I ran a treatment centre I would run it along similar lines. It turns out that the other patients are often influenced in a positive way by watching some of their peers fumble. The system works well but can be thrown out of whack by a really bombastic personality. I think that sums up the situation at greenestone while ford attended. The staff would have been overwhelmed by his fame, his personality, his entourage, and of course as it was mentioned upthread he brought Greenestone its first profitable quarter.

Thanks for this post. It brings a valuable perspective on the entirity of the Rob Ford discussion.

Doug Holyday was just on CP24 talking about how terrible John Tory is and how much more human Olivia Chow is.

Ford apologist Doug Holyday is praising Olivia Chow? Strange things happen in Toronto politics these days.

I know this is mean already but this all sounds like A South Park episode "Cartman gets fat cancer. In his ass."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back