News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Donovan does not provide info or innuendo capriciously I'm reading this as Kathy is definitely ex-communicated and her co-operation with police is total.

I still think we will see charges.

I hope so.

Ford has in all likelihood engaged in criminal behaviour. Cancer is irrelevant to that. I'm pretty sure you can get chemo while incarcerated :)

Ford Nation is blaming Ford's lie about the appendix tumour on Daniel Dale. From the IHTWOMF

- We're also thrilled to learn that Rob Ford did not have a malignant tumor on his appendix in 2009, as was erroneously reported by Daniel Dale previously. Rob only had a small complication that was associated with regular-old Appendicitis.

Whatever the case, it sounds like Rob is around the line that differentiates Stage III from Stage IV.

Either way, he's definetely in a bad spot. I wonder if the family refused to let him mention the stage, as both 3 or 4 are scary prospects that could reveal just how up against it Saint Robbicus is.

Ford Nation is blaming Ford's lie about the appendix tumour on Daniel Dale. From the IHTWOMF

- We're also thrilled to learn that Rob Ford did not have a malignant tumor on his appendix in 2009, as was erroneously reported by Daniel Dale previously. Rob only had a small complication that was associated with regular-old Appendicitis.

FFS.

Someone please point out to IHTWOMF that it was Warmington who reported that. Just to see what kind of invective they unleash.

Also, after further research,a pleomorphic liposarcoma is a high grade tumour, putting him in Stage 3.

I don't think it has spread to lymph nodes, from what I heard? There seems to be 2 tumours, but of the same origin? The lymph nodes are important because they direct the spread of cancer to other regions.

Also from what I have read, his type of sarcoma doesn't have great response to chemo. It's also likely far away from the surface due to his obesity, which is another factor in prognosis. It's also considered a high risk for mets.
A second tumour isn't good news. The main tumour is really big and has already spread to his butt. He's in for some really heavy duty chemo. I'm surprised the doctor didn't stage it, but if he has 2 tumours it sounds like stage 4 to me. Where's the doctor when you need him? Calling our UT doctor!

Given that Donovan does not provide info or innuendo capriciously I'm reading this as Kathy is definitely ex-communicated and her co-operation with police is total.

Given that one of the drug videos released unambiguously shows Ford punching and kicking his sister, I can't say it surprises me that Kathy was willing to turn on him. If this is how he treats her regularly, she almost certainly hates his ample guts. How could she not? I'll bet Renata would love to do the same, but is in far too vulnerable a position to follow Kathy's example.

It is curious that the Ford camp is being positive about Chow. I don't think Doug has any intention of winning the election - I think he put a Ford on the ticket so at the last minute he can endorse Chow, swing Ford Nation (those that would bother to vote) and screw over Tory as a "gotcha" - that is if Tory doesn't blow his toes off in the coming weeks. Olivia seems to be picking up momentum again.

This isn't just about sticking it to Tory (though I'm sure that's a factor). It's about setting the stage for further runs at City Hall later on. If Chow actually wins, they can demonize her and her eve-ull leftie disrespect to th' taxpayers the same way they did to poor Miller.

Does that same reasoning apply to the rest of us? If I get sick, should I quit my job because I don't know if I can serve my employer properly?
Am I being selfish and irresponsible knowing that I might not be able to do it properly?
Nope. You keep going til you can't.

It depends...are you an elected official?

I thought Dr. Cohen specifically said that type of sarcoma does respond well to chemo. I'll have to watch the presser again.

I found a study that looks relatively valid, and echoes the 5-10 year survival numbers.

Five and 31 patients received neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy, respectively. Follow-up (48 patients, range 7–276 months; median 38 months) showed a 45% local recurrence rate and a 42.5% metastasis rate

It's up to you to decide whether those are optimistic or pessismistic odds that the chemo will stem the tide.

Patient age ≥60 years, truncal tumor location, deep situation, tumor size >5 cm, vascular invasion, and incomplete tumor excision were significant adverse prognostic factors.

That's 3 out of 6. Ford's tumour is truncal, deep, and 12 cm. Also considering his lifestlye factors, one could loosely add him to the over 60 risk factor.

Keep in mind the study looked at all pleomorphic sarcomas. MINO's is truncal, which is a rare, and deadlier, subset within this already rare cancer.

Source

Last edited:
Either way, he's definetely in a bad spot. I wonder if the family refused to let him mention the stage, as both 3 or 4 are scary prospects that could reveal just how up against it Saint Robbicus is.

Good Lord, isn't that a charming notion? That angle never even occured to me, but it's certainly possible the Famiglia are deliberately underplaying how badly off Ford is just to keep him 'viable' - as much as they can, anyway - for another run at Ward 2...and to fuck the other candidates over in the process, needless to say.

I swear, this selfish, entitled clan of jackals could give lessons in venality and self-pity to Richard Nixon.

Does that same reasoning apply to the rest of us? If I get sick, should I quit my job because I don't know if I can serve my employer properly?
Am I being selfish and irresponsible knowing that I might not be able to do it properly?
Nope. You keep going til you can't.

It's not just about serving your employer. It's also about your co-workers. One of my co-workers was battling cancer -- chemo, radiation, surgery, the whole nine yards. She wanted to keep working through it all because the doctors encouraged her to live her life as normally as possible. Of course, when you're going through all that, life ceases to be normal, so even though you want to work, you can't put in a full day on a regular basis and when you do show up, you can be in a "chemo fog". That means your co-workers have to pick up the slack. When you work for a small organization like I do, you can't hire someone else to help with that slack. So not only is trying to continue to maintain an employment status quo unfair to the employer, it can be unfair to a lot of people -- co-workers, clients, whatever. It's not a decision that should be taken lightly, and it's not all about you as the patient either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back