News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's stage 4 as well. Generally, any cancer that has spread to other areas is stage 4.

Not sure.
Metastasis is when a cancerous cell breaks loose and travels through the blood stream to another site. It will then multiply as the same type of cancer in the new site. Therefore you can have breast cancer in your lungs. The Doctor deliberately said the second site is part of the first. He may be trying to say it did not start by metastasis. If you have 2 tumors in your liver, would they say it has metastasized?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metastasis

Not sure.
Metastasis is when a cancerous cell breaks loose and travels through the blood stream to another site. It will then multiply as the same type of cancer in the new site. Therefore you can have breast cancer in your lungs. The Doctor deliberately said the second site is part of the first. He may be trying to say it did not start by metastasis. If you have 2 tumors in your liver, would they say it has metastasized?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metastasis

My SIL had multiple tumours in the same breast. They didn't call it metastasis.

I don't know why there's any debate on whether he should keep his job or step aside due to a health scare. This isn't a normal full-time job. Aren't all the committee meetings done for this four year term? And the DM has a lot of his "powers". So Rob doesn't really have anything to do between now and October 27th when his contract ends, so no reason to step down.

HOWEVER, the issue should be that he has no right to run in Ward 2 with his health the way it is. And it isn't a matter of continuing or quitting his current job...it's a matter of APPLYING for a new one. If you were deathly ill, should you be out actively looking for a new job? No. You should be dealing with your illness, not job searching. Which is exactly what him running for Ward 2 is. He's applying for a new job and that's what's wrong with this scenario.

FoFam on the outs with Kathy - no wonder they hustled Mikey into the school trustee race. They had to throw him a bone after yanking him from Ward 2. He didn't look too chuffed at uncle Doug's driveway press conference.

The elder Ford has been relatively quiet ever since registering to run in his brother’s place last week, but on Thursday a flyer promoting a fundraiser for his campaign on Sept. 25 at the Woodbine Banquet and Convention Hall was released.
The flyer lists a ticket price of $125 and promises a “great evening and dinner!â€

Doesn't $125 seem rather low to actually fundraise money from the event? I would expect a political fundraiser to be no less than $300 (and ideally $1000)

It depends...are you an elected official?

Nope. Elected/Hired...? basically you put your name in the hat to win a 4 year non-cancelable contract to listen, express an opinion and vote on things.
I don't have any problem with Rob throwing his name in even when he's sick. Life goes on and you never know what could happen.
He could live another 20 years. I know that others disagree with me on this. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I think I would try and carry on with my employment and don't have a problem with him doing the same.

I do have a problem with the people that would accept him for another 4 years.
He's done a terrible job and shouldn't be re-hired under any circumstances.

Given that one of the drug videos released unambiguously shows Ford punching and kicking his sister, I can't say it surprises me that Kathy was willing to turn on him.

Wait, which video was that? I thought the basement one showed Ford wailing on Lisi?

FoFam on the outs with Kathy - no wonder they hustled Mikey into the school trustee race. They had to throw him a bone after yanking him from Ward 2. He didn't look too chuffed at uncle Doug's driveway press conference.

Well, would Mikey being shuttled from a lock on 105K a year to tooth and nail fight for 26K + that again (max) in expense have something to do with his unchuffiness (sic)....

I found a study that looks relatively valid, and echoes the 5-10 year survival numbers.

It's up to you to decide whether those are optimistic or pessismistic odds that the chemo will stem the tide.

That's 3 out of 6. Ford's tumour is truncal, deep, and 12 cm. Also considering his lifestlye factors, one could loosely add him to the over 60 risk factor.

Keep in mind the study looked at all pleomorphic sarcomas. MINO's is truncal, which is a rare, and deadlier, subset within this already rare cancer.

Source

Conflicting messages then:

"Dr. Cohen said he is “optimistic” that chemotherapy could be successful, since this particular type of liposarcoma is more sensitive to chemotherapy than most."

This is difficult to decipher (for me at least):

"A smaller one, about two centimetres, has been discovered near his left hip, and is part of the first tumour, the doctor said, although not connected."

Sounds like it "broke off and travelled"? Not necessarily "spreading". Who knows.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-end-to-treat-very-rare-and-difficult-cancer/

Last edited:
So, John Tory is speaking at the Board of Trade, Chow is on CP2Ford and Doug...is invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back