News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this thread has had numerous posts about the accuracy and reliabilty of Forum polls, here is my take.

Last night, at 5:20, and again at 6:40 or so, I received 2 calls from Forum, with the same arrary of questions about the upcoming election. Including a whole host of Doug Ford vs everyone and even a Doug Ford vs Rob Ford. (I had to hover over that one, like whole the hell do you pick there? Seriously?)

Deliciously thoough, I had to take pleasure knowing that perhaps I was 2 of the 846 or 1024 responders, making the poll less than 3% accurate 19 times out of 20 .

Last edited:
Believe it is in same Islington location plus Rob is apparently making a n appearance

Why not Vulcan St, they own the property, there's grass, there's parking, there's a drink company next door and a ripper bar down the road the only drawback is the semi trailers parked and their leasee...

It would be interesting to know during what hours Forum calls. Calling home landlines during business hours skews away from those who are at work. Completed calls during dinnertime are hardly likely to be families with kids.

Calling at 2am would be like Rob Ford -- or perhaps Rofo himself -- and may skew towards insomniacs, or those who are drunk.

I've gotten a few calls from Forum, as recently as a few weeks ago, always 6:30-8:30pm. But they could have been calling my number all day - that's just when I happened to pick up.

Last edited:
I recall Robbie saying his favourite band is Triumph which is far more egregious than the crack smoking.
He has a Triumph album on the wall in the reception area.
rob_ford.jpg

Attachments

• rob_ford.jpg
    rob_ford.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 675
"Spot the cartoon villain"
https://twitter.com/Sabocat/status/514416821630291969/photo/1

View attachment 34254

"The Fords, enabled by flip-floppy journos, have also yoinked the city backwards into a feudalism – let’s call it “suburban medieval” – in which the king’s body is the body of the people, and his bloodline spins a divinely-ordained web of power. Merit is irrelevant. Authority is a genetic birthright preserved in the heart, bowel, marrow and fat of the king, who shakes the fortunes of the realm with every wheezy breath."
http://matthewremski.com/wordpress/rob-ford-emotional-whiplash-and-the-suburban-medieval/

Last edited:
Don't know if you ever listened to "The City" but all the musical leadins and fadeouts were supposedly Ford chosen....from that you could get a good idea of what they listened to
The one stuck that struck at note to me was the use of GFR's Paranoid on a semi regular basis....
One thing that stuck with me is that the show was called "The City" but I don't recall them ever using a band from Toronto for their show.

At the corner of Bloor and Church this morning, I saw some old fool with a crude, home-made sandwich board that proclaimed "GOD BLESS MAYOR FORD!" on the front side. And on the back was some weird, incoherent message about Vladimir Putin. I couldn't tell if the latter was meant sarcastically, or if it was actually supportive of Putin...but then, many far right authoritarian types in the western world - and there are certainly more than a few of those in Ford's mouth-frothing fanbase - have crushes on Putin worthy of any teenage girl.

At the corner of Bloor and Church this morning, I saw some old fool with a crude, home-made sandwich board that proclaimed "GOD BLESS MAYOR FORD!" on the front side.

Was he wearing a red beret?

"Prepping for debate tonight. Kickass soundtrack - check. Nunchucks - check. Sunglasses - check. Rippable @HulkHogan T shirt - check"
https://twitter.com/80sDougFord/status/514411343588630528

"Third behind Doug Ford. What ignominy."
https://twitter.com/westannexnews/status/514420315649495040

Will Doug control himself enough tonight to avoid Mike Tyson type reponses?

Last edited:
So this thread has had numerous posts about the accuracy and reliabilty of Forum polls, here is my take.

Last night, at 5:20, and again at 6:40 or so, I received 2 calls from Forum, with the same arrary of questions about the upcoming election. Including a whole host of Doug Ford vs everyone and even a Doug Ford vs Rob Ford. (I had to hover over that one, like whole the hell do you pick there? Seriously?)

Deliciously thoough, I had to take pleasure knowing that perhaps I was 2 of the 846 or 1024 responders, making the poll less than 3% accurate 19 times out of 20 .

I've gotten a few calls from Forum, as recently as a few weeks ago, always 6:30-8:30pm. But they could have been calling my number all day - that's just when I happened to pick up.

At least once person I know has complained of 'Forum fatigue' from frequent calls. Others have reported multiple calls from Forum throughout this election. In a city of 2.6M, you wouldn't expect repeat calls given typical sample sizes of 1000.

But this is Forum, so I'm not exactly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back