8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 44s
"He should be nervous about his voting record" Olivia Chow on Doug Ford ahead of tonight's debate #TOpoli

Him missing 53% of votes needs to be repeated, plus those "I would rather be in Chicago" comments.

At the corner of Bloor and Church this morning, I saw some old fool with a crude, home-made sandwich board that proclaimed "GOD BLESS MAYOR FORD!" on the front side. And on the back was some weird, incoherent message about Vladimir Putin. I couldn't tell if the latter was meant sarcastically, or if it was actually supportive of Putin...but then, many far right authoritarian types in the western world - and there are certainly more than a few of those in Ford's mouth-frothing fanbase - have crushes on Putin worthy of any teenage girl.

I live in the area. Usually it's just A small group of Ukranians protesting the Russian Consolate at 175 Bloor E. It's always the same people with some egregiously misspelt signs. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them as a Ford supporter.

Will Doug control himself enough tonight to avoid Mike Tyson type reponses?

Actually, I think yes. Though steam may come out of his ears, daggers pops out of his eyes, and his face may go that shade of raging red. Dramatized and fictionalized version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4B_jDp0ffI

Then again I'm betting more on how many times Thug will mention Rob in the hospital, cancer, chemo, and serving constituents from his sickbed.

Actually, I think yes. Though steam may come out of his ears, daggers pops out of his eyes, and his face may go that shade of raging red. Dramatized and fictionalized version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4B_jDp0ffI

Then again I'm betting more on how many times Thug will mention Rob in the hospital, cancer, chemo, and serving constituents from his sickbed.

Doug will be straining to hold his temper, while doing everything he can to attack Tory. Tory will be straining to provoke Doug into a rage, while somehow not looking like an asshole while doing it. Chow will be saying, "See? Look at these two idiots, like peas in a pod!"

Should be interesting.

That'd be sort of ironic, since the front-man of that particular group is the city's third biggest asshole (and corruption-enabler) Frank D'Angelo.

I like your style.
I'm not from TO, and impressed how much this thread has (sneakily) taught me about TO geography, history and muni politics.

Could you please give me a top 10 Assholes of Toronto list?
(Would Woms make the list?) Thanks.

I thought Toronto was led by a front-woman?

Frank's own biography has him as the lead singer and front-man. Who am I to argue with that? "Frank D’Angelo is a multifaceted artist who has not only achieved success as a performer, but also as a businessman, philanthropist and humanitarian. He first began his musical career as the lead vocalist and front man of the popular Canadian band, “Toronto”. Throughout the 1980s the group thrilled audiences with their renditions of classic R&B hits, performing to packed houses throughout North America."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ny-p7AnBL8

Well, yeah, there's that. If D'Angelo was the front-man and lead singer he was a lot hotter back then.

Last edited:
Him missing 53% of votes needs to be repeated, plus those "I would rather be in Chicago" comments.

I'm sure Doug will pull the usual "I'm out there meeting the folks and answering phone calls," despite Doug's constituency record being thinner than a thread.

Doug will be straining to hold his temper, while doing everything he can to attack Tory. Tory will be straining to provoke Doug into a rage, while somehow not looking like an asshole while doing it. Chow will be saying, "See? Look at these two idiots, like peas in a pod!"

Should be interesting.

Had a robocall from Olivia yesterday in which she sets herself against "Ford-Tory" as a single entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back