8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your style.
I'm not from TO, and impressed how much this thread has (sneakily) taught me about TO geography, history and muni politics.

Could you please give me a top 10 Assholes of Toronto list?
(Would Woms make the list?) Thanks.

Top Ten Assholes:

1: Rob
2: Doug
3: Frank D'Angelo
4: Mammo
5: Sue Ann Levy
6: Wormington
7: Denzil Minnan-Wong
8: Brad Lamb
9: ....

I'm drawing a blank on the last two. Any suggestions?

Top Ten Assholes:

John Nunziata for one ....
How about Diane Ford for her behind the scenes machinations
Or Sandro Lisi?

John Nunziata for one ....
How about Diane Ford for her behind the scenes machinations
Or Sandro Lisi?

I feel like Sandro's too small-potatoes. And Diane---her role in everything is too vague. Nunziata's good, but I might go for his sister over him. Oh wait, there are two spots left----that works!

Brad Lamb is not an a-hole. He is an aA-hole--meaning he is one of the elite group of developers that is improving the aesthetics of modern Toronto.

Now the developers behind eyesores such as Aura? Yes they are probably in the top ten.

Brad Lamb is not an a-hole. He is an aA-hole--meaning he is one of the elite group of developers that is improving the aesthetics of modern Toronto.

Now the developers behind eyesores such as Aura? Yes they are probably in the top ten.

There's no rule saying assholes can't do good work.

Frank's own biography has him as the lead singer and front-man. Who am I to argue with that? "Frank D’Angelo is a multifaceted artist who has not only achieved success as a performer, but also as a businessman, philanthropist and humanitarian. He first began his musical career as the lead vocalist and front man of the popular Canadian band, “Toronto”. Throughout the 1980s the group thrilled audiences with their renditions of classic R&B hits, performing to packed houses throughout North America."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ny-p7AnBL8

Well, yeah, there's that. If D'Angelo was the front-man and lead singer he was a lot hotter back then.

Ugh. I'm flashing on the Stuart McLean comments a few pages back. More watered-down Canadiana. Pat Benatar, much? I'm so glad we've move beyond all this to a large extent. As for Frank, he doesn't show up in Toronto histories that I found in a few minutes of googling. He must have been with them at the story's washed-up and bitter end.

Top Ten Assholes:

Most political asshole list ever. What about your boss or your neighbour or landlord? Or Kevin O'Leary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back