News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And former cabinet minister Monte Solberg reported that he used to get invited to events put on by Jewish organizations who assumed that he was Jewish because of his name.

My own last name is one that is quite common in Germany AND among Jews (including a few famous ones). I'm neither German nor Jewish (as far as I know ... not enough evidence to meet even the Doug Ford threshold), but the responses/assumptions are rather telling. In real life, I've had Germans say 'you know what I'm talking about - you're one of us, right?'. Err, no. Online, when I've used my name, I've had anti-semites come out of the woodwork to say 'well, that's just typical of you people, after all <bizarre conspiracy theory about controlling things>'. It's really eye-opening to see people unmask themselves as bigots when they've misidentified their target ...

UT version of storify!

Since you brought it up...

Finally found Karla's grandparents in the 1921 census rooming with a Jewish family at 39 Denison Ave.
George & Laura Ranovitz. Religion = Salvation Army

And of course, thinking "that sounds like a Jewish name"* (which Doug seems to be suggesting about the original surname of Karla's maternal grandfather) is as much of a tired, ignorant stereotype as "my doctor, my lawyer, my..."

*Sure. Tell that to all of the Irish Protestants named Cohen.

So what we are down to then is Mrs Ford herself declaring one way or other aren't we....

Finally found Karla's grandparents in the 1921 census rooming with a Jewish family at 39 Denison Ave.

Well, there you have it! They ROOMED with some Jewish people, therefore they are Jewish and so is Karla. And her four girls, of course :)

So Eleonora became Laura?

39 Denison now appears to be a parking lot opposite a Polish church.

I was raised in and work for them. Can I be an honorary Jew too?

So what we are down to then is Mrs Ford herself declaring one way or other aren't we....

I wonder which of these were (ever) true of her:

1. pissed at Rob for the k_ke comment
2. pissed at Doug for not mentioning her ahead of the doctor, etc.
3. pissed at Doug for attracting scrutiny of her heritage
4. pissed at Doug for having to speak out to clarify that she was in fact not quite as Jewish as he claimed or as she previously thought

We'll probably never hear it from her, though, not even relayed through SAL.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1h1 hour ago
Cllr Denzil Minnan-Wong to endorse John Tory today #TOpoli

So a car idiot is endorsing another car idiot who shares his same views of bikes and Eglinton Connects. Why am I not surprised.

Norm Wilner ‏@normwilner 4m4 minutes ago
God, it didn't even occur to me that Doug might be at United Bakers as part of an apology tour. Because he never apologizes. #TOpoli

Doug Ford Must Go ‏@dougfordmustgo 5m5 minutes ago
Sobriety coach Bob Marier just walked into @tomayorford’s office. /CC

What kind of job would he need to do at this point?

GraphicMatt 10:25am via Echofon
Doug Ford is asked if any councillors will endorse him. "Uh, not yet. But i have the endorsement of the people."

If Doug gets elected, then and only then does he have the endorsement of the people. Sorry, I forgot, Doug is clueless, nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back