News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, Sue Ann Levy based a whole column on what that lackluster former mayoral candidate Jane Pittfield thinks of John Tory.

Jimmi, Ms Pitfield took the baton of the right only because no others were willing to. She vacated a ward where she could have run ad infinitum and won (she could have been Toronto's version of Hurricane Hazel in longevity). She made a creditable run against a mayor at the pinnacle of his popularity. Lackluster is not the correct adjective sacrifical is...

Now if you want critisize, look at the 2010 election...She made a major miscalculation running for Councillor in Ward 29 rather than making a triumphant return to Ward 26 against a weak incumbent....

Last edited:
Sue Ann Levy is a major waste of paper.

I don't want to say this is the stupidest thing I've read about city politics in the last few years because we've really had some doozies but WTF is Pittifeld talking about...

Pitfield feels restoring calm and building consensus can be a “recipe for disaster” and often has a “paralyzing effect” on a city.

How can building consensus in a democratic process be paralyzing? That's beyond counter-intuitive; it's a statement that makes no more sense than "Pitfield feels that the more clouds there are in the sky, the sunnier the day is." I suspect, given Levy's use of quotes, that she spun something Pitfield said into a quote that worked for her.

On the one hand, the Ford Years have made people a lot more aware of the democratic process; on the other it's somehow made everyone stupider. Unless you're running an autocracy, building consensus in government is NEVER a "recipe for disaster."

then there's this bit:

She said moving forward in this city can’t be “clouded” by associations and friendships.

That is precisely my worry — that all the lobbyists are absolutely salivating at the idea of a Tory mayoralty, not to mention Premier Kathleen Wynne.

Where it's first implied that being able to work with other levels of government is bad. The LEAST of Rob Ford's problems was his friendships and associations with non-gang members like Flaherty and Harper, but I suspect she's not talking about that. Nor is Levy; no, they're only concerned about TORY's "associations." But the quote allows Levy to go off on a rant about what she FEARS and SUSPECTS about a future that exists only in her own imagination.

What I've really learned is how dumb Pittfield is. She thinks, Ford, "clearly stood for service to the taxpayer [who] found the $1 billion that had been overspent by Miller," which has been mathematically disproven time and time again and she and Levy LAUGH at the notion Ford has embarrassed Toronto in any way. If anything, say these bozos [with no proof] the fact that he twice illegally smoked crack with gang members improved our tourism numbers.

But what's really fascinating, especially coming from The Sun, is there is not a word about Chow. It's almost -ALMOST - as if they are following Doug's strategy to a T! No concerns about Chow's "associations and friendships," really, Sue-Ann? No, we're only worried about the front-runner.

What do they say about opinions being like something else, cuz everyone's got em? At the Sun, the opinions and the body parts are totally interchangeable, you ask me.

As for Doug's endorsement, would Joe Warmington be too obvious? Chuvalo,maybe? It's hard to think of someone well-known-but-meaningless at the level at which the Fords operate. On the other hand, Rob only got the support of the supporting cast of Trailer Park Boys so Bubbles is not an impossible "get" for Doug.

Last edited:
Jimmi, Ms Pitfield took the baton of the right only because no others were willing to. She vacated a ward where she could have run ad infinitum and won (she could have been Toronto's version of Hurricane Hazel in longevity). She made a creditable run against a mayor at the pinnacle of his popularity. Lackluster is not the correct adjective sacrifical is...

Point taken!

Siobhan Morris @siomo · 8h 8 hours ago
My endorsement prediction for tomorrow is a Doug Ford stunt. There will be a couple dozen "average Torontonians" 1/2
We'll get a line something like "that's the endorsement that counts, folks. The people" #TOPoli
The more & more I read my prediction, the more I'm convinced that's it. We haven't had a stunt in a week, we're due #TOPoli

This sounds about right.

So, DC supporting Doug Jr would be the straw breaking the camel's back, not his obnoxious endorsement of StRoFo?

After hearing about what Sportsnet did with HNIC, Cherry being on it is the least of my worries. They did cut Coach's Corner significantly which is good.

Chemo must have been very hard on Rob this time, he's still in the hospital. It's supposed to be 3 days of chemo, then home for 18 days, he stayed nearly a week last time IIRC, and this time even longer. Not looking good.

Chemo must have been very hard on Rob this time, he's still in the hospital. It's supposed to be 3 days of chemo, then home for 18 days, he stayed nearly a week last time IIRC, and this time even longer. Not looking good.

My heart bleeds for him.

"Fordian Knot" I love it, but who would be our Alexander, and with what blade would they use?

Going to have to be "we, the people" I think...with our little ballot box. C'mon Toronto, you can do it!

We happen to have a poll of our own, in another thread. I wish this was the actual election result:

View attachment 35647

And I hope it looks like this... <please.please.please>

Whaddaya mean? I thought the reason why he wanted to close liberries is because those Liberrians were carrying Ebola

Bwaaah!!! :D :D

No, it sounds like he's facing the worst case scenario for someone with his type of cancer. I haven't been able to find any survivor stories online for advanced pleomorphic liposarcoma. Has anyone else? The one person I found posting about it died three years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back