News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked around and didn't find much optimistic news, either. The most detailed report I saw tracked a dozen or so people with the diagnosis. The only difference seemed to be how long they lived after diagnosis and treatment. For some it was months, for others a few years. Rob's prospects don't look good, if I understood the reports correctly.

Would it be in poor taste if I hoped Rob at least lasts long enough to testify at Lisi's trial?

There you go. There is no endorsement.

Nicely called DeathSilver and Jimmi T!
The big announcement is that there is no big announcement.

-Doug Ford

Keeping with Doug's schtick, I bet today's endorsement is from "the people".

That was a really, really desperate ploy to get the media to show up. They obviously finally clued in that they couldn't announce the subway plan yet again, so they came up with this??

Unless they have some kind of policy plank to announce, I wonder if the reporters are going to keep showing up...

So someone from the Ford campaign just dropped by, asking if someone else in my family had requested a sign. When I insisted that had to be a mistake, she mentioned that lots of people have been playing tricks on them. Still puzzled how they got our name!

Ands haha, my cat growled when the Fordite came to the door. He has better sense than 30% of the city

Last edited:
I hope Tory goes with: "Mea culpa, FOLKS! I made a mistake in 2010. I endorsed Doug Ford for councillor based on his seemingly positive business experience. Since then, he's failed to show up for his ward and for important issues to the city at large (terrible attendance/vote record; insert stats, etc), been sued for slander by the chief of police, is being sued for bad business practices, and failed to notice that his own brother was in desperate need of addiction treatment. Around this time last year, he was telling his alcoholic little brother 'Curb the drinking, not out in public, you can stay in your basement, have a few pops.' while denying to anyone who would listen that he'd ever seen his brother abuse alcohol or drugs."

etc

;)

JT did just that but stopped short of listing all his failings. He said that people had high hopes for Doug Ford, but instead he turned out to "be the enforcer, the hammer" and then went on to say that people working together is a better environment. I heard the clip but didn't catch all of it.

From http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...mayoral_polls_heres_an_explanation_james.html

"Organizers behind Tory’s campaign laughed it off as a “rogue poll.” Days later, their numbers still had Tory up by double digits on Ford, with Chow dropping below 20 per cent."

I am eager for another poll to be published, This spectre of Doug being statistically tied with Tory drives me mad. Even if I personally don't trust the results, I hate that this is the public perception

I suspect Ford is hospitalized longer than most chemo patients due to co-morbidity factors ... Certainly his obesity and quite likely some ongoing addiction issues.

Chemo must have been very hard on Rob this time, he's still in the hospital. It's supposed to be 3 days of chemo, then home for 18 days, he stayed nearly a week last time IIRC, and this time even longer. Not looking good.

Do we even know that Ford is still in hospital? I haven't seen anything at all about him.

(I don't have cable though, so I might have missed any breathless CP24 coverage.)

Do we even know that Ford is still in hospital? I haven't seen anything at all about him.

(I don't have cable though, so I might have missed any breathless CP24 coverage.)

I thought I heard on CP24 this morning that he'd gone home, but I could definitely have misheard.

I hope Tory goes with: "Mea culpa, FOLKS! I made a mistake in 2010. I endorsed Doug Ford for councillor based on his seemingly positive business experience. Since then, he's failed to show up for his ward and for important issues to the city at large (terrible attendance/vote record; insert stats, etc), been sued for slander by the chief of police, is being sued for bad business practices, and failed to notice that his own brother was in desperate need of addiction treatment. Around this time last year, he was telling his alcoholic little brother 'Curb the drinking, not out in public, you can stay in your basement, have a few pops.' while denying to anyone who would listen that he'd ever seen his brother abuse alcohol or drugs."

etc

;)

Or even "Are you perfect? I'm not perfect! That's in the past, I've moved on..." :D

Bz6-ybXCUAA2TQd.jpg

https://twitter.com/TorSunCity/status/522064382009036800/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bz6-ybXCUAA2TQd.jpg

‏@TorSunCity
Now there's a John Tory sign in front of the house at 15 Windsor, where #RobFord crack video was filmed #TOpoli

Attachments

• Bz6-ybXCUAA2TQd.jpg
    Bz6-ybXCUAA2TQd.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 780
^^^ This.

Not sure your intended meaning YPQ but I forgot about this until you just said it. Every time RoFo was saying "my heart bleeds" for this or that, it irked me so very much. Growing up, that was a sarcastic saying, meaning the opposite and that you did not care for whatever you were making that comment at. I know that the meaning could go either way but it was just so irritating to hear over and over, and about serious issues and events. Did anyone else hear it the way I did?[

Yes! He is sooo not well rounded - he didn't know/doesn't know that au current (oh, like for the last 60 years or so?) the expression is derisive - a riff on, "bunch of bleeding hearts".. like you, his use of the expression irks me, unlike you I hope, it makes me scream at screen.... query whether he's ever read a book? even one? Has he ever, ever, demonstrated any curiosity regarding anything. The man, sadly, is a plank

So someone from the Ford campaign just dropped by, asking if someone else in my family had requested a sign. When I insisted that had to be a mistake, she mentioned that lots of people have been playing tricks on them. Still puzzled how they got our name!

Like when people send pizzas and taxis to people they don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back