News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed out the pool, but in a three-way race, I think he will be the next mayor. ( Hope I am wrong. )

And with Mayor Doug, you get councillor Rob, maybe as his Deputy.

I've held all along that this election will see record numbers of voters turning out. There is far more momentum in the ABF movement than in FN. The Frods are stuck with the remnants of the idiots who voted them in in 2010. No-one has moved into their camp from anywhere else. And large numbers of complacent citizens have woken up to the fact that if they don't vote, RoFoDoFo is what happens.

The same intellectually challenged individuals who voted Frod in 2010 will do so again; the same people who did not vote Frod will do so again, but huge numbers of non-voters in 2010 will come out of the woodwork to vote ABF, and DoFo's percentage will drop significantly as a portion of the total, record* turnout.

*basic, do you care to start a pool on the total vote count, or the increase over 2010? If not, I, like, totally understand ;-)

I agree. It gives me pause, how not forthright he has been. But I stack that up against 10 years of speaking the truth, ,including the faith-based funding issue on which he got roasted. Only politician in generations to actually speak truth to power on the unfairness of Catholic-only school funding but, putting that aside, campaigns (to paraphrase Kim Campbell) are not where the issues really get hashed out.

He was right about the unfairness of the Catholic only school funding, too bad he went about it the wrong way. He should have proposed the complete opposite of what he did: merge the public and Catholic systems into a single secular system and leave religious education to private schools. I honestly think that any party leader who proposes that would have the support of most of the population.

High advanced voter turn out!

Someone earlier in the thread made an excellent point that if the majority of the advance voters are pro Ford, we'd see the Ford Nation circus while they attended! Their behaviour would surely give away their support. Anyone here see the advance voters conduct?

The news coverage certainly featured some voters with odd fashion sense.

Agreed. Transit needs to be untied.

We really need a unifying provincial agency to champion, develop and implement an integrated transportation system for our region that enhances prosperity, sustainability and quality of life.

He was right about the unfairness of the Catholic only school funding, too bad he went about it the wrong way. He should have proposed the complete opposite of what he did: merge the public and Catholic systems into a single secular system and leave religious education to private schools. I honestly think that any party leader who proposes that would have the support of most of the population.

Could not agree more!

The first provincial leader to propose a double whammy of ending the separate school system and getting rid of booze jail will have my vote, regardless of political stripe.

Except the halfish that vote and are Catholic. (which was why he went the other way in the first place) It's a third rail until the Province's Catholics are deluded enough against the whole. And the pesky language of the law is a problem too. No party leader will touch it until the playing field has changed.

ddale8 11:49pm via Twitter Web Client
New Toronto election poll (Forum): John Tory 39%, Doug Ford 33%, Olivia Chow 23%. Details online/in the Star tomorrow.

We really need a unifying provincial agency to champion, develop and implement an integrated transportation system for our region that enhances prosperity, sustainability and quality of life.

Yep, and unfortunately what we have, Metrolinx, ain't that, and until we can all we can do is work with what we have. We need a "Transportation Tsar" so to speak to head up an (semi)autonomous transit conglomerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back