8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale @ddale8
Questioner from Jane-Finch asks Ford about jobs and opportunity in priority neighbourhoods. "You build subways," Ford says. People laugh.

He got some boo's too.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
At the back of the atrium, Iola Fortino heckles.

Ivor Tossell @ivortossell
The calming effect of the CBC atrium effect is wearing off. The crowd warms up to a round booing of Doug Ford's class-war schtick.
Siobhan Morris @siomo
Last night Doug Ford put himself in the same financial class as John Tory. Tonight, back to the 1%, elite attacks #TOPoli

Iola just got warned by security too.

Last edited:
You might think them tacky, but many consider them art.

Vases. can be powerful and provocative art.

ai-wei-wei-vase.jpg

Attachments

• ai-wei-wei-vase.jpg
    ai-wei-wei-vase.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 611
Iola comes downtown? Geeze, I always felt safe walking around.

This is a really good read re: polling, whether you care to believe it or not.

Christ, I thought Robbie was Irish, so the Fords are of Jewish Canadian Irish-Italian decent and are fluent in patois. Impressive.

They embody the rich tapestry that makes up this crazy town. Little known fact: Doug is actually an Azorean Whaler who, through his seafaring ways, brought Ethiopian cuisine to Toronto. Rob played conga in Fela Kuti's band, back in Lagos. They both still call Myanmar, Burma and Sri Lanka, Ceylon.

They embody the rich tapestry that makes up this crazy town. Little known fact: Doug is actually an Azorean Whaler who, through his seafaring ways, brought Ethiopian cuisine to Toronto. Rob played conga in Fela Kuti's band, back in Lagos. They both still call Myanmar, Burma and Sri Lanka, Ceylon.
Nice reference to Fela. Love him :)

Dang, I must have missed that chapter of Fela Kuti's band. ;) Chow is doing better in this CBC debate so far, though I'm not sure if it's enough at this point. Doug is sounding more and more like a wrassler from the 80's. Just waiting for Jimmi Hart and Gene Okerlund for their commentary.

You don't know very much about Jews and their history in Eastern Europe do you?

And pointing to the example of WASPy Toronto country clubs to defend the Fords is just ludicrous. The few who did convert generally came from more assimilated Central European rather than Eastern European backgrounds, and if they were doing it for social mobility reasons, they'd join a high status Protestant church like the Anglicans or United Church, not an immigrant church like Eastern Orthodox or a low-status fundamentalist one like the Pentecostals.

Conversion to the church that endorsed pogroms, in the heart of traditional Yiddish-speaking Eastern Europe, was almost unheard of. So the story isn't nearly as "plausible" as you think.

I'm "an actual Jewish person" and I think you are full of crap.

Assuming you live in/around the Market, you remind me of a guy I know (sorry if you're not male) who, though not super-observant, would often be called upon to fill the Minyan at Minsker (The Rabbi, Herschel(?), needed people more than once, sadly) merely because of proximity and his enduring ties to the roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back