News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

This feels really unfortunate. Parker was distinguished by his ability to maintain some dignity amidst the circus. He had the strength to step outside the narrowly defined teams and the manipulation of facts to stand for what he knew was the smarter option of LRT. Greater turnover, new blood in representation is certainly needed in Toronto, there wouldn't be a problem here if incumbents elsewhere had to sweat for their jobs, but something is wrong when so many absolutely terrible useless councillours will be returned on inertia and name recognition while someone like Parker is the one who takes the fall.

I'm of the opinion the Council speaker should be appointed as an unelected member with no voting power. My thought would be to take 4 to 6 respected ex-members of Council and rotate them. I'm thinking of people such as John Parker (if not reelected), Doug Holyday, David Johnson, Case Ootes, Barbara Hall, Karen Stintz etal...It would take a change to I believe CoTA however it would get away from the partisan rulings we've seen in the past from the likes of Nunziata and Bussin.....

Andray Domise: 1. A couple requests. Please do not send donations to my campaign. Send them to other progressive candidates #TOpoli

2. I appreciate the support you have shown for my campaign. Very, very much. But we're good. Send the money where it's needed most #TOpoli

----------

In the bag?

Full list of tweet requests:

1. A couple requests. Please do not send donations to my campaign. Send them to other progressive candidates #TOpoli
2. I appreciate the support you have shown for my campaign. Very, very much. But we're good. Send the money where it's needed most #TOpoli
3. Candidates like @BuraleWard1, @Keeganhm, @VoteLekan, and @torontodan need the financial help to build a progressive council #TOpoli
4. What is needed most right now in #ward2 - bodies. There are specific neighborhoods where a high turnout will put me over the top #TOpoli
5. Many of you have given so much to this campaign. I cannot thank you enough. But I have to ask for one last thing. One more week #TOpoli
6. One solid week of GOTV efforts in key areas ensures a city council free of Rob Ford, free of obstructionism, neglect, and shame #TOpoli
7. So if you would like to donate, I ask that you please help other progressive candidates who could buy signs, flyers, buttons, etc #TOpoli
8. And I need you to give the #Ward2 team your time this week to shut Rob Ford out of City Council. Only you can make that happen. #TOpoli
9. See you all in the streets. Let's go kick some ass.

Not sure if he is giving up or thinks he has this in the bag provided high voter turnout.

I just got this email from Andray D:

I'm writing to share how all your incredible support for Andray's campaign is paying off in the most exciting way possible.

If you missed Friday's email - Andray is winning both the endorsement and fundraising battle.
But how is this translating into voter support?

Well, we've contacted an enormous number of Ward 2 voters via phone and the results demonstrate that Andray is not only extremely competitive in this race, he has a statistically significant lead over Rob Ford.

These results need to be consumed with a large dose of sodium - they're not from an impartial polling firm, they aren't scientifically determined or appropriately weighted - they are simply raw data.

But the reason we're sharing this data is to galvanize everyone into action. If we get out the vote in Ward 2, Andray can win but to do that we need your help.

How can you help?
- Vote today if you haven't already. Today is the last day that advance polls are open and they are open until 7pm. All the info you need can be found here.
- Volunteer to help in Ward 2 on October 27th.
- Can't volunteer? Find someone who can and get them to sign up.
- We will need drivers and people who can speak Hindi, Punjabi, Somali, Italian, Tagalog and Spanish.
- More info to follow but for now, sign up and recruit your friends.

This is exciting. I would so love to see Rob lose an election.
As much as I hate Ford, he wasn't a horrific councillor in the same way he was a horrific mayor. Annoying yes. But I think he did genuinely care about his constituents more than some of his colleagues.

But I'd be happy to see him lose. If only to end the drama. Particularly with the rumours of a quick by-election call if he wins.

As much as I hate Ford, he wasn't a horrific councillor in the same way he was a horrific mayor. Annoying yes. But I think he did genuinely care about his constituents more than some of his colleagues.
More likely that was the cover story for spending his days sleeping in, hanging out with criminal buddies doing drugs and coaching football. Just like it was when he was Mayor. The story of his dedication to constituent work was often repeated but probably rarely examined. We're now in the middle of a municipal election campaign and how much scrutiny of incumbent councillours have you seen? Has there been mention anywhere of, just randomly using them as an example, Chin Lee, Mary Fragedakis, Anthony Perruzza?

Full list of tweet requests:

Not sure if he is giving up or thinks he has this in the bag provided high voter turnout.

Or more likely Domise's donations are meeting or exceeding the campaign spending limit.

I want Rob Ford gone from council. Period. And the thought of Rob Ford, Giorgio Mammoliti, John Nunziata and Jim Karygiannis holding council seats (together forming the slimeball caucus) is unsettling.

Last edited:
This. The side show antics need to stop, because you know that a demotion to councillor isn't going to keep him quiet or stop the madness.

He'll probably make TV and radio appearances or have interviews outside of City Hall or his home to voice his opinions on issues. If he is not re-elected, we will see and hear from Rob Ford for quite some time.

Back