News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yippee! We made the New York Times again:

"Toronto on a Bender"

"Now that Toronto’s most famous and most grotesque son will definitely not be mayor again, the mild-mannered citizens of Toronto will go to the polls with some relief on Oct. 27. After four years of being led by a violent addict, the quiet life has a profound appeal."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/o...l?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share

Oof. Well, they got that right... :\

pattycakes:

What does that elitist, downtown Commie rag know about the man of the people huh?

AoD

:D

I'm thinking we should start referring to Doug's Lincoln SUV as the Folkswagen.

:D :D *clapping*

I don't see how that's relevant. There's the Provisional IRA and several other versions of the IRA name, but there doesn't ever seem to have been a group whose name contained the words People's and Republican with regard to Northern Ireland.

It is relevant in the fact from my experience most "People's Movements" tend toward violence....given the Provisionals history they could easily be misinterrupted as a "People's Movement" of Green Irish....

It is relevant in the fact from my experience most "People's Movements" tend toward violence....given the Provisionals history they could easily be misinterrupted as a "People's Movement" of Green Irish....

Yeah, but they didn't use the term. It seemed to be implicit that all paramilitary groups in NI operate(d) on the premise that they supported 'the people', for varying definitions of the term.

'Green Irish'?

Last edited:
I love the NY Times piece for its non - fudgey statement about Karfo's supposed Jewishness. I quote:
"Turns out, she's not."

The Rob Ford entry is enlightening only due it's brevity. No contact #, no responses to questions asked. It's
almost like Robbie doesn't care about his Ward.

He does live closer to the ward than Andray.....

Note the robf@decolabels.com email address - first time seeing that. Does he get his secretary to read all emails to his cell phone mailbox?

The Rob Ford entry is enlightening only due it's brevity. No contact #, no responses to questions asked. It's
almost like Robbie doesn't care about his Ward.

If I had a Twitter account, I would have tweeted back @graemeTO: "Wearer of many hats for Doug Ford Campaign" to ask how many years of his adult life has his new boss lived outside of Canada.

'Green Irish'?[/QUOTE]

Again it maybe a term familar to only me and mine nevertheless here goes...If you have an Irish background you probably can explain it using other terms
It goes back to the troubles of the 19th and early 20th century....three colours
Green Irish...Irish Catholics loyal to Dublin and Independance
Orange Irish...Ulster Protestants and all that goes with it
Black Irish...Irish Catholics who viewed Britain as a help rather than an occupier (the Greens looked on them as quislings) and many them immigrated to Canada (witness the Black Donnellys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back