News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take anything she says with a giant grain of salt. She was tweeting the 16% internal polling number when she was still running for Mayor. No one was buying it. Her poll question was likely very leading, (eg: "If the top three candidates had died in a plane crash, or been arrested or otherwise withdrew from the race, would you vote for ST?" ...okay probably not *that* leading)
Also the previous cancer was appendicitis, although I'm not sure we (collective) knew about that until the Mount Sinai Doctor's presser.

I agree about Sarah Thomson's (un)believability factor, but the cancer she's talking about can't be the appendicitis; that was in 2009. One thing that annoyed me about that press conference with Dr. Cohen was I do not think any reporter thought to ask then (or since) that apart from the cancer, what is the state of Rob's health? Is he hypertensive? Diabetic? How's his liver? Etc. Etc. Etc. Now I suspect asking about specific ailments might overstep privacy considerations, but I think a question about his health overall and was there anything that might complicate the cancer treatment would have been warranted.

A volunteer began tugging at her to move on to the next and off she went leaving behind a few strands of dread suspended in the light of my condo hallway...
Lol, I read that and all I could think of was Witch Hazel's bobby-pins.
Witch Hazel.jpg

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Witch_Hazel/ltwh_006.mp3

Attachments

• Witch Hazel.jpg
    Witch Hazel.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 707
He will undoubtedly participate in the collective debt retirement fundraisers that happen after the election. Unless he totally pisses of Tory and Chow. But the two of them understand how unwritten rules work, so no matter how big a dick Doug manages to be he'll get his debt wiped out with the rest of them.

Well if O Chow has collected 1.8M in contributions, is there going to be a need for her to a "debt retirement fundraiser" considering the campaign cap is what 1.35M and I would think that J Tory is in the same boat as G Smitherman in 2010 with absolutely no need for a fundraiser...
If K Stintz, D Soknacki, A Goldkind etal are considered a fundraiser would more than likely be necessary. Given that D Ford does not consider himself amongst the just mentioned it would be difficult seeing him associated, cap in hand with second tier candidates.

Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 5 mins5 minutes ago
Tory spks: campaign raised 2.48 million, over 5 thousand donors. Avg donation under $500. on website today #topoli

Well if O Chow has collected 1.8M in contributions, is there going to be a need for her to a "debt retirement fundraiser" considering the campaign cap is what 1.35M and I would think that J Tory is in the same boat as G Smitherman in 2010 with absolutely no need for a fundraiser...
If K Stintz, D Soknacki, A Goldkind etal are considered a fundraiser would more than likely be necessary. Given that D Ford does not consider himself amongst the just mentioned it would be difficult seeing him associated, cap in hand with second tier candidates.
Don't forget R Ford as well.

And, y'know...an unexpected side effect of it all might well be Ford-like leaders elected outside of Toronto--certainly looks like a danger of that presently in Richmond Hill...

Thinking of Perrelli? The one who doesn't understand or just ignores Robert's Rules. The one who booked 1K+ in golf equipment on his City expense account (of course he repaid after being outed on it). The one who was doing Citywide surveys although only a Councillor for Ward 2...The one who egged another mayorial candidate on to start a motion of Conflict of Interest against the sitting mayor (only to have the the suit thown out). The one who is constantly erecting signs on private property when told by owners not to. Is that the one?

Last edited:
Put on your thinking cowboy hats for a minute:

Is it possible that Randy's reduced bonus at Deco is related to his ongoing child support dispute more than anything? Accounting can get creative in family businesses. Just sayin.

It seems Doug has an axe to grind about autistic kids. Randy's son is autistic, IIRC.

Dots?

Last edited:
Might be late to the game with this, but did anybody see this in the Star's article about Doug today
I walk over as he loads boxes of food into the SUV for the next day’s Thanksgiving food drive, and I ask how his brother is doing.
He looks up and groans. “Awwww, not too good,” he says. Mayor Rob Ford (open Rob Ford's policard) is undergoing chemotherapy at Mount Sinai Hospital and has more sessions ahead of him. Doctors can’t say how many.
He expected to lose his hair, says Doug, but not that his head would hurt so much.
“He’s not finished with chemo but today he told his doctor, ‘No more!’ ” Doug says. “The doctor looked him straight in the eye and said, ‘You’ll be dead by Christmas.’ ”

Might be late to the game with this, but did anybody see this in the Star's article about Doug today
I walk over as he loads boxes of food into the SUV for the next day’s Thanksgiving food drive, and I ask how his brother is doing.
He looks up and groans. “Awwww, not too good,” he says. Mayor Rob Ford (open Rob Ford's policard) is undergoing chemotherapy at Mount Sinai Hospital and has more sessions ahead of him. Doctors can’t say how many.
He expected to lose his hair, says Doug, but not that his head would hurt so much.
“He’s not finished with chemo but today he told his doctor, ‘No more!’ ” Doug says. “The doctor looked him straight in the eye and said, ‘You’ll be dead by Christmas.’ ”

Sure hope the voters of Ward 2 take the doctor's comment to heart before they mark their ballot.....

I read that too, can't decide who's lying, Rob, Doug or both. Just like Rob claimed the doctor gave him a 50/50 chance for survival. Sorry, but doctors don't give answers like that, at least not any I've dealt with.

"they still have date night once a week. Maybe a meal out or a movie."

"Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays."

Henny Youngman

( Just kidding! )

Mayor Rob Ford (open Rob Ford's policard) is undergoing chemotherapy at Mount Sinai Hospital and has more sessions ahead of him. Doctors can’t say how many.

“He’s not finished with chemo but today he told his doctor, ‘No more!’ †Doug says. “The doctor looked him straight in the eye and said, ‘You’ll be dead by Christmas.’ â€

But I thought Rob Ford never quit anything in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back