8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 1m1 minute ago
Senior says there's Mel Lastman Square where will Ford Square be. "God willing I'll be back in 4 years and you and I can pick out a square."

I'll say. Lastman ran North York for quite some time before he got Mega-Citied up. And, regardless of what you think of him, Art Eggleton barely has a postage stamp with a swing set on Harbord. Now, there IS a tiny spot behind my office space at College and Yonge where the restaurants dump their grease. Maybe it could be expropriated for this (ig)noble cause.

Not to be too morbid, but in four years Rob Ford Square will most likely be a small plot of land somewhere in Mount Pleasant Cemetery.

Not to be too morbid, but in four years Rob Ford Square will most likely be a small plot of land somewhere in Mount Pleasant Cemetery.

My wife is a real princess, never swears. Except today. She got a Dug Ford robocall. I think she broke the handset when she hung up....

This came out a few days ago and may have been referenced above but if not it makes a rather scary picture of Ford nation. From Yahoo News: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/inside-fo...aith--fords-and-fish-and-chips-184856610.html

The following gives a flavour of it.

He points to the city's purchase of $2,500 chairs for a members' lounge as the kind of "frivolous" spending he believes the Fords are out to stop. And then, as he often does, he illustrates his point with a story of his own.

“We were going to buy chairs [for the restaurant] for $4,000. My wife and I were at Swiss Chalet, and they were renovating, so my wife goes, ‘What about these chairs?’

“[Swiss Chalet said], ‘Well we’ve got to get rid of them, so $10 each.’ So instead of spending $4,000, we paid $140,” he says, gesturing to the rigid, high-back booths and old-fashioned wood chairs that fill Golden Crisp’s modest, friendly dining room, decorated in shades of orange and brown for fall.

He views the role of mayor to that of a fish-and-chips shop owner: Make a good product, manage your money well and be a good member of your community. He takes the latter very seriously, hamming it up with the clientele from the minute the shop opens at 11 a.m., offering new neighbours access to his tools and volunteering on church committees.

(He also makes a point of taping a scrap from one of their brown paper take-out bags over the Sunshine Girl inside each day’s issue of the Toronto Sun. “The customers appreciate it.”)

He sees that same folksy brand of helpfulness in the Fords. He says he was “really impressed that Doug [Ford] got a chainsaw during the ice storm and was helping neighbours. I wasn’t sure if he cared about helping people, but that showed that he does.”

Last edited:
C'mon, the guy has cancer. He's now allowed to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, without moral or legal limits. Just like when he was mayor. Show up on Monday at a polling station with a big wad of cash to hand out to eligible voters--who's going to stop him?

He wore his magician outfit too.

Sarah claimed it was common knowlege in the political arena. I have my doubts...I think it's more likely that she stopped raising cane because it came to light that she and her assistant were overheard plotting to try and get Ford to do it again...on camera. I think the story as spun by Sarah simply was a convenient lie-excuse to quell my questions...

As for the rest of Ford's behavior that night...totally believable.

Probably. It stills peaks my interest though, there are always bits and pieces of truth lurking in all delusions or fantasy, and with the Fords "reality engine"...

Last edited:
Might be late to the game with this, but did anybody see this in the Star's article about Doug today
I walk over as he loads boxes of food into the SUV for the next day’s Thanksgiving food drive, and I ask how his brother is doing.
He looks up and groans. “Awwww, not too good,†he says. Mayor Rob Ford (open Rob Ford's policard) is undergoing chemotherapy at Mount Sinai Hospital and has more sessions ahead of him. Doctors can’t say how many.
He expected to lose his hair, says Doug, but not that his head would hurt so much.
“He’s not finished with chemo but today he told his doctor, ‘No more!’ †Doug says. “The doctor looked him straight in the eye and said, ‘You’ll be dead by Christmas.’ â€

The next line in the story is important:

“He’s not finished with chemo but today he told his doctor, ‘No more!’ †Doug says. “The doctor looked him straight in the eye and said, ‘You’ll be dead by Christmas.’ â€

That changed Rob’s mind.

Of course, that all came out of DoFo's mouth, so it's likely 98%, or 99%, or at least 90% BS.

Isn't that where the downtown elites get planted?

My guess would be Riverside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back