News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will be the next City Manager? Also, who will Tory choose as Deputy Mayor? The pundits on Citytv last night seemed to agree that it'll be Minnan-Wong.

BTW, there is no requirement to have a DM. Hall, Rowlands, Eggleton, Denison, Phiiips and Lamport did not.

Not full-blown FAS but perhaps Fetal Alcohol Effects? In any event, having a school trustee who likely does not have a high school diploma speaks more poorly of the electorate than the candidate.

He is too young to have been admitted to Humber College as a mature student, so - unless it is an outright lie that he was enrolled at Humber College - he must have at least the bare minimum high school leaving certificate. (IIRC, however, he had to go back and do some more HS courses, after his initial HS graduation, in order to get his average up to the 60% required by Humber College.)

Not full-blown FAS but perhaps Fetal Alcohol Effects? In any event, having a school trustee who likely does not have a high school diploma speaks more poorly of the electorate than the candidate.

He graduated high school. Did a 5th year to complete & improve marks.

"Team" is a pretty loose term here (similar to the much misused "partnership"). I imagine that what Tory has in mind is some sort of consultation/advisory thingy, not bringing Soks, etc. on to his staff or appointing them to major positions.

If Rob could hire Dave Price to handle emails with a six-figure salary I'm sure any of those named would join Tory's "team" for similar pay to help advise and carry out his agenda.

FAS is a spectrum, so he could be on the low end, who knows. Anyway his having a disability possibly, or his being 20, unqualified and/or possibly not having a high school diploma -- none of those things bother me on their own merits. What does bother me is him being silenced by his uncle and winning on nothing more than recognition of his name.

If Rob could hire Dave Price to handle emails with a six-figure salary I'm sure any of those named would join Tory's "team" for similar pay to help advise and carry out his agenda.

I am sure that Soks and Ari each make more than the the upper limit of the CH mayoral staff pay range.

Last edited:
I am sure that all of the people we are talking about here make more than the the upper limit of the CH mayoral staff pay range.

Chow was planning to donate pensions if elected mayor so doubt "director of logistics" or some such title paying $130K would be too problematic.

ETA: it's always possible to create a new position which attaches to the desired pay grade.

Last edited:
Lamport Davenport - they've done gone and sold your suite!

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.56.29 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.56.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.56.29 PM.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
Chow was planning to donate pensions if elected mayor so doubt "director of logistics" or some such title paying $130K would be too problematic.

ETA: it's always possible to create a new position which attaches to the desired pay grade.

They wouldn't take a staff role - Tory's talking about having them chair an agency or lead an initiative or something like that.

Yes. I revised my post to take Olivia out, because she does not own a successful business like Soks or have a successful law practice like Ari.

But, in the end, it is not conceivable (IMO) that Tory would consider actually having any of the people we are talking about join his staff on the CH payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back