News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd kind of like to see Doug take a run at the PCPO leadership. Could be fun. He'll have to convince convention delegates to support him, people who are politically engaged and know the issues. It would be a laugh watching him try to put his whoppers over on this crowd.

I think it would have to be enticing to have Drug as the PC leader. I think the mayoral election shows that Ford Nation, while blind, is alive and well. The PC's would surely gather more seats in Toronto. But would the bluster and lies translate to the rest of the province? It would be a huge gamble. The anyone-but-Hudak vote was pretty damn strong as well, and one has to imagine that it will be easy pickings for the Liberal campaign machine to cast Drug as even more evil than Hudak . Is the party willing to sell it's soul and gamble for a bump in seats?

Tory should appoint Rob Ford as Chief Super in Charge of Leaky Faucets and Potholes. Dress him up in a pair of overalls (with a tie), and a big pipe wrench and send him off. Maybe create a new Ceremonial Chain he could wear around his neck. It's gotta look official.

And, face it. It still didn't work.

The Lester Bangs lesson remains: to do thngs James Taylor-style in Troggsland is marking yourself for death.

Oh I take your point on the outcome, no quibble there. The Ward 2 result including Andray's surprisingly weak numbers, as well as the TDSB Ward 1 election in which Kathy Ford's toothbrush won 44% of the vote on name recognition alone, show that north Etobicoke isn't remotely ready to give up on the Fords. I suppose it would have been possible to develop a platform that out-Troggs the Fords - "We'll cut bus service another 25%! We'll close all the lieberries! We'll chop down trees! That'll show those downtown elitists!"

But that wasn't the point. Andray succeeded in bringing a broader conversation to the city, especially about racism. He raised a ton of cash and now has a donor base. And he put together a platform that would have done Ward 2 an immeasurable amount of good, even if the voters weren't interested in listening. Ward 2 may yet benefit from Andray's commitment even if not as city councillor. Or he may well take his talents elsewhere, who knows at this point.

This Star article is helpful.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/10/28/torontos_poorest_neighbourhoods_chose_doug_ford.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Tory should appoint Rob Ford as Chief Super in Charge of Leaky Faucets and Potholes. Dress him up in a pair of overalls (with a tie), and a big pipe wrench and send him off. Maybe create a new Ceremonial Chain he could wear around his neck. It's gotta look official.

images.jpeg

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 603
I think it would have to be enticing to have Drug as the PC leader. I think the mayoral election shows that Ford Nation, while blind, is alive and well. The PC's would surely gather more seats in Toronto. But would the bluster and lies translate to the rest of the province? It would be a huge gamble. The anyone-but-Hudak vote was pretty damn strong as well, and one has to imagine that it will be easy pickings for the Liberal campaign machine to cast Drug as even more evil than Hudak . Is the party willing to sell it's soul and gamble for a bump in seats?

A provincial Liberal campaign would rip Doug to shreds in a way that neither Tory nor Chow dared to do in the muni campaign.

Oh I take your point on the outcome, no quibble there. The Ward 2 result including Andray's surprisingly weak numbers, as well as the TDSB Ward 1 election in which Kathy Ford's toothbrush won 44% of the vote on name recognition alone, show that north Etobicoke isn't remotely ready to give up on the Fords. I suppose it would have been possible to develop a platform that out-Troggs the Fords - "We'll cut bus service another 25%! We'll close all the lieberries! We'll chop down trees! That'll show those downtown elitists!"

But that wasn't the point. Andray succeeded in bringing a broader conversation to the city, especially about racism. He raised a ton of cash and now has a donor base. And he put together a platform that would have done Ward 2 an immeasurable amount of good, even if the voters weren't interested in listening. Ward 2 may yet benefit from Andray's commitment even if not as city councillor. Or he may well take his talents elsewhere, who knows at this point.

This Star article is helpful.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I have seen speculation about Andray getting ready to run for the Liberals in the impending federal election. IIRC, the Ford Nation wards in Etobicoke tend to elect Liberals provincially and federally.

A provincial Liberal campaign would rip Doug to shreds in a way that neither Tory nor Chow dared to do in the muni campaign.

Not before Elliott and McLeod would tear him a new one if he were to be so foolish as to enter the PC leadership race.

Maybe I'm cynical but I don't think a lot of "qualified" people are in these positions. Iola Fortino ran to be a TDCSB trustee (on a platform of "rescuing" kids from being "befriended by LGBT students").

Frances Nunziata's neice, Christine Nunziata, was an infamous TCDSB trustee, bilking the taxpayers for liquor, trips to the Dominican Republic etc, she ends up doing a Ford, checking into rehab to escape responsibility.

http://www.topix.com/forum/ca/halton-hills-on-georgetown/T38ILCDIIAUAL8K48

Agreed. Ward 2 will be Mikey's once Saint Robertus is called to his Lord.

Which brings us back to Jimmi T's question, are we having a deadpool on Rub?

I say May 26th 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back