News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming he is going to fall flat on his face, at least as much as a trustee can. I'm just hoping someone is in the woods to hear him when he falls, and it becomes public knowledge.

If he shows up for his first meeting with
tumblr_lk1si4FFaH1qcs4u3o1_500.jpg
we can be assured he's in over his head.

Attachments

• tumblr_lk1si4FFaH1qcs4u3o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lk1si4FFaH1qcs4u3o1_500.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,416
Sorry for being uncool, Lizangel. I'm sure he will be a great trustee.

ETA Thanks for sharing confidential medical information with us. I did not read that in the papers.

perhaps the pitch of his voice is the result of psychological trauma before or around the onset of puberty

Curious about this...I haven't actually heard his speaking voice. However, I'd hazard a guess that cleft palate, especially if now corrected, is not the cause of an unlovely speaking voice. My husband was born with cleft palate and lip - not totally correctable via surgery, so he must wear a partial hard plate - and his speaking voice is pleasant and nuanced enough that his professional role now involves his talent for public speaking and group negotiations.

What is the issue people are referring to regarding Michael Ford's voice that might result from a corrected cleft palate condition? (I will see if I can find some audio interviews to take a listen) - I know my husband worked hard on eradicating a lisp, but that can certainly be done, particularly if the cleft was corrected in his teens - and I don't think from his photos that he was afflicted with a cleft lip as well, which might have made that more difficult.

He has a bit of a lisp, but I think people are referring more to how high his voice is, which wouldn't be related to a cleft palate. (that I know of)

perhaps the pitch of his voice is the result of psychological trauma before or around the onset of puberty

LOL, I love this forum and how people over analyze even the most minor issue, maybe he sounds odd because he uses e-cigs and is a vegetarian!

He has a bit of a lisp, but I think people are referring more to how high his voice is, which wouldn't be related to a cleft palate. (that I know of)

Not being a speech pathologist, I just know what I read on UT.

Actually Michael was born with cleft palate and due to the drunk mother of his he never had the surgury to fix it until in his teens.

Curious about this...I haven't actually heard his speaking voice. However, I'd hazard a guess that cleft palate, especially if now corrected, is not the cause of an unlovely speaking voice. My husband was born with cleft palate and lip - not totally correctable via surgery, so he must wear a partial hard plate - and his speaking voice is pleasant and nuanced enough that his professional role now involves his talent for public speaking and group negotiations.

What is the issue people are referring to regarding Michael Ford's voice that might result from a corrected cleft palate condition? (I will see if I can find some audio interviews to take a listen) - I know my husband worked hard on eradicating a lisp, but that can certainly be done, particularly if the cleft was corrected in his teens - and I don't think from his photos that he was afflicted with a cleft lip as well, which might have made that more difficult.

Here's Trusty Mike's first in-studio interview at CP20Ford. Stephanie Smyth didn't dig too deeply (doesn't seem like there's much to mine to begin with); they talked about his time at Camp Kandalore, a canoe trip he took when he was 16, his time on student council at Richview Collegiate, that he studied Business Administration at Humber College after studying "Leadership" at Wilfred Laurier. Things are "amazing" and "fantastic" (y'know). His priorities as trustee are concerns about school safety after the "incidences" at North Albion and near Don Bosco. His voice seems to have that high Fordian-ness that could easily turn whiny when provoked. He also sounds a bit nasal, whether that's a palate issue, allergies or some other Ear Nose & Throat-type issue (not a doctor here), I don't know. http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=478103

I have a question: Do the trustees of these various school boards (English Public, English Catholic, French Public, French Catholic) ever meet? Because Don Bosco's a catholic school (right?) and as such, outside Mikey's public school trustee jurisdiction. Not saying he can't use it as an example of an incidence, but just hope he understands that.

ETA: Also that it did not happen on school property, Public, Catholic or otherwise.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to read everything today, but in case it wasn't mentioned, congrats to polluted for winning the pool, with a guess of 32%!

It should be noted that, sadly, polluted had the 2nd highest guess.

When it was still the *Rob* Ford election pool, I had the highest guess at 28%. I kept that for the Doug pool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that Doug had been vetted by the PCs before the provincial election and told to take a hike. Why would they change that decision?

Hudak had a lot to do with the decisions who was going to run last time, and he's out. Having said that, I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell of getting the leadership.
PCO is in flux right now. Actually all the con parties, with factions wanting to get closer to the centre and others wanting to go into libertarian territory. it'll be interesting if they carry on the big tent with whoever the new leader is, or begin to purge the elements of whichever side loses the leadership..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that Doug had been vetted by the PCs before the provincial election and told to take a hike. Why would they change that decision?

Maybe Doug thinks he can change OPC elitists minds, by showing he has the needed % of TO votes for the OPC. And if that isn't enticing enough, how about a nice crisp 20$ bill? Donation of 5 thou to the OPC party coffers? Discount for label, tags, and fridge magnets? How about carrying bags of groceries for Christine Elliot, or any other MPPs in need then? Otherwise Toronto, Ontario, even Canada is in great danger of losing Doug to Chicago. The brain drain must be stopped, stopped I tell you!

Curious about this...I haven't actually heard his speaking voice. However, I'd hazard a guess that cleft palate, especially if now corrected, is not the cause of an unlovely speaking voice.

Yeah, I don't hear that either. The pitch of his voice is what it is and I don't get the impression he is working, or has worked, to correct a speech impediment of the type that would affect articulation. What strikes me is the tempo of his speech - it seems to drag the way it does in someone who has neurological damage, not a physical issue with producing speech.

Maybe Doug thinks he can change OPC elitists minds, by showing he has the needed % of TO votes for the OPC. And if that isn't enticing enough, how about a nice crisp 20$ bill? Donation of 5 thou to the OPC party coffers? Discount for label, tags, and fridge magnets? How about carrying bags of groceries for Christine Elliot, or any other MPPs in need then? Otherwise Toronto, Ontario, even Canada is in great danger of losing Doug to Chicago. The brain drain must be stopped, stopped I tell you!

OPC could possibly deny his leadership bid but permit him to run as mpp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back