News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many in the rest of Ontario, the rest of Canada in fact, Schadenfreude over what the Ford's put Toronto through for the last four years. Maybe it's time for Dougie to give them back a bitter taste of their own medicine.

I feel awful for saying that, but it will Toronto years to recover from the international humiliation they put us through.

I know a number of people in rural Ontario who think that Rob was wonderful -- I always told them they should try living in Toronto and see if their tune changed.

I know a number of people in rural Ontario who think that Rob was wonderful -- I always told them they should try living in Toronto and see if their tune changed.

I would love to take them on a guided tour of the wards that voted for Doug. We could start in Rexdale.

Last edited:
Many in the rest of Ontario, the rest of Canada in fact, enjoyed some Schadenfreude over what the Ford's put Toronto through for the last four years. Maybe it's time for Dougie to give them back a bitter taste of their own medicine.

I feel awful for saying that, but it will take Toronto years to recover from the international humiliation they put us through.

Much as I'd like to inflict either Rob or Ford on the people outside Toronto who thought the FoBros were the bee's knees - especially the ones who were convinced Rob was somehow 'mayor of the GTA' - it would be cruel.

Doug can run for whatever position he wants, but the guy doesn't experience the amount of defeat he deserves.

I wonder how they would feel after seeing the FN election night party at the Woodbine Centre?

I was "shocked and appalled" by that video.

I need to take you to some rural parties :)

Not to diss the rural people -- I was one for many years -- but I found myself shocked and appalled on many an occasion. Probably why I couldn't wait to get back to the city, where I can also be shocked and appalled in different ways :)

I wonder how they would feel after seeing the FN election night party at the Woodbine Centre?

I was "shocked and appalled" by that video.

It was a stunning display of idiocy. How can FN embrace that guy ranting unintelligibly about criminals and holding up his drivers licence(?) and yet harp on Olivia supposedly not speaking English properly?

And then the cluelessness of Iola.

And Renata seems to have bought into the Saint Rob narrative (again).

Oh, and I figured out what's wrong with Stephanie: it's a medical condition known as 'being a brat'.

Ah, but I'm an olio of faiths four grandparents, four different paths there is Methodist, Calvinist, Catholic, Jewish...throw 'em up in the air and what do you get a nonpractising Jew....

What makes it even more convoluted is my mother's parents came across the pond under the auspices of the Salavation Army who are clearly Wesleyan...

Hahaha... I'm always impressed by those who can manage to split the hairs of Christianity into a bevy of faiths. The splintering of Anglican church here in Barbados is even more crazy.

Same here. Mainly family members. Family members I don't much associate with because they're racist and ignorant. Many in rural Ontario have heard the dog-whistle.

Edited-to-Add:

I might point out that one of them never votes; I think primarily because he hasn't paid his taxes in 40 years and he's worried that he could be tracked down. So, the whole "saving taxpayers money" certainly isn't the reason he'd vote Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back