News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was created for the purpose of discussing mayor Ford, so why change it now? We can still continue to talk about Ford here, or simply start a new thread called "Councillor Rob Ford's Crackstituents".

I see no problem in changing it to 'Councillor Rob Ford (was: Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto)'.

I see no problem in changing it to 'Councillor Rob Ford (was: Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto)'.

I think it should still be called "_______ Rob Ford's Toronto" since 1) Rob says he will be the councillor to the entire city, and 2) there will still be a bizarro Toronto kicking around after Tory takes over.

I think it should still be called "_______ Rob Ford's Toronto" since 1) Rob says he will be the councillor to the entire city, and 2) there will still be a bizarro Toronto kicking around after Tory takes over.

Ford Nation will remain alive and kicking as long a Rob can blink his eyes. He can pass the torch to Doug or Mikey or anyone else in the bloodline.

Last edited:
Dave Chappelle meets Rob Ford: http://www.gq.com/moty/2014/dave-chappelle-men-of-the-year?currentPage=2

Holy shit. Rob Ford?
Seriously, you can Google it. I was in Toronto for a few shows, and they told me I couldn't smoke onstage. And I was like, "Well, can't you just waive the rule tonight?" And they're like, "It's a citywide ordinance." So I got up the next morning and went to the mayor's office. This is before all that shit about him came out.

What happened? You actually met him?
I was like, "Is the mayor in? Could you tell him Dave Chappelle is here to see him?" He was in a meeting. I said, "I'll wait for a few minutes." So I just walked around his office. The walls were lined with all these disparaging political cartoons. And I asked somebody, "What is this?" They're like, "He thinks that motivates him." I thought that was an interesting character nuance. I had never seen him before, but he looked like Chris Farley in the pictures. He walked in and was like, "What can I do for you?" And I told him, "These ordinances exist in the United States, but they're often waived in contexts of performance, because it's an integral part of what I do." He replied, "That's it?" "That's it," I said. Then he told me, "I'm sorry, I can't help you. The laws of Toronto are the same for everybody. We appreciate you coming, we're glad you're here, but we can't change the law because it disagrees with you." He really gave me this whole speech. I should have said, "You didn't let me finish: 'smoke crack rocks onstage!' " Maybe a year after that was his first scandal.

How about a branch of the LCBO? CAMH wing? Police subdivision?

AoD

The "Rob Ford Subway Line"

It's being built at no cost to the taxpayers, the least we could do is name it after him.

"Subways, Subways, Subways," is the Subway Line named by Rob Ford... leave it at that.

I'm all for the Ford Family Amusement Park. All the family restaurants are "Steak Queens" or "KFCs", and "Musiks" for adult needs. "7-11" and street meat carts for munchies are throughout the park. The main rides are "Underground Subways" using revamped H3 cars that loop around the park and go nowhere you want to go. There is a library but it filled with just Sport Illustrateds, Football Weeklys, and as has been mentioned, old Toronto Stuns; there are computer terminals but none are properly working (they run Windows 3.11) and are covered by Stickies. When you leave you get a complimentary magnet and business card, these can be used to get $1.50 of a "Mikey" of vodka in participating LCBO outlets.

Did I missed the memo about Rob Ford no longer being mayor? :confused:

You have to start acting like a mayor to be a mayor.

Why didn't he just have the computer removed completely? Maybe in one of his sober stupors?

What, and ruin the décor?
That computer covered in scotch tape and used as a bulletin board is a FN statement if there ever was one. ;)

It's not just the aesthetic. It's the innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back