News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Microsoft Store is slated to open on November 20th in the former Sony Store location.

Lenscrafters will be moving down two levels to open in the former Style Exchange space in between the Disney Store and Hallmark. With the recent closure of Mr. Greenjeans, that means a fairly large retail space on the 4th level will be available. Any guesses as to who might open in there?

The Microsoft Store is slated to open on November 20th in the former Sony Store location.

Lenscrafters will be moving down two levels to open in the former Style Exchange space in between the Disney Store and Hallmark. With the recent closure of Mr. Greenjeans, that means a fairly large retail space on the 4th level will be available. Any guesses as to who might open in there?
Apple Store or Nintendo Store, but more likely the former

Does anyone remember Marks and Spencer? I think it was two floors.

Last year I visited the M&S in Hamilton, Bermuda and it reminded me of my visits to the Eaton's Centre location as a lad.

Yup I remember the M&S in Eaton Centre and Yorkdale. As my family has ties to England we would go in there often and we would buy bags of their chips.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 267147 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 23, 2014

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposed interior alterations to retail store "Kate Spade" C026 - Convenience address is 218 Yonge St

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 267147 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 23, 2014

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposed interior alterations to retail store "Kate Spade" C026 - Convenience address is 218 Yonge St

Is this the (old) Laura location?

Hugo Boss is moving into the old Laura space. The Haight & Ashbury pop-up has closed - perhaps Kate Spade will go there.

As mentioned in the Apple Store thread, it would move from near the Queen end to near the Dundas end.

I remember the tiered fountain near the Queen Street side of the Eaton Centre. I think it was torn down around 2000 or 2001. There was also a mini fountain in one of the food courts back in the early 80s. It was near a counter order Italian place (was it a Sbarro? Not sure...I was too young.

You mean this stunner....

eTOEatonCentre1980web.jpg

It was fantastic and of course one of the many architectural elements which should never have been allowed to be demolished. But like all water features they cost money to operate and maintain. Those are real plants in those "pods" as well. Why do you think the new owners of CF tore out all water features and greenery? There were many other water features in the TEC as well...all gone.

In fact, I've noticed the one still existing fountain (the famous main one) has not been working. You just know CF is DIEING to remove it. Trees, plants, furniture, water features, integrated lighting & signage...all ripped out. The few remaining High Tech features (exposed ducts, railings that haven't been replaced) look almost forlorn amongst the bland new interior.

What happened to heritage preservation? The City is too busy preventing another major world class project putting Toronto on the map, that they slept while CF destroyed a major project that put Toronto on the map. TEC was a very big deal when it opened for those too young to remember.

Attachments

• eTOEatonCentre1980web.jpg
    eTOEatonCentre1980web.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 958
You mean this stunner....

It was fantastic and of course one of the many architectural elements which should never have been allowed to be demolished. But like all water features they cost money to operate and maintain. Those are real plants in those "pods" as well. Why do you think the new owners of CF tore out all water features and greenery? There were many other water features in the TEC as well...all gone.

Didn't realize there was a fountain like that - and I agree, it's a really unfortunate loss. I've noticed that removing vegetation from malls is a general trend of late, with the drive towards bland, character-free aesthetics.

Speaking of fountains - I wouldn't be surprised if the ones at Sherway are on the hit list.

AoD

Last edited:

Back