News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, JG. Rob said earlier his doctors wanted his tumor to shrink to two centimetres, or thereabouts, before going ahead with surgery. He described his tumor as much larger today. Allowing for the fact that Rob is not articulate, any thoughts on why the story has changed? My guess is that with the larger tumor, Rob's doctors have less of a chance for full resection with wide margins than they do with a smaller tumor. Still, it's better to go in with lower odds than to leave it alone, which only has one outcome. Does sound like a reasonable interpretation?

Pretty much. From the sounds of it they're going to go for aggressive "debulking". Whether they can get clear margins is debatable, and they won't really know whether they can even resect all the "macro" disease until they're in. This is the sort of case where a much shorter OR than the planned 8-10 hours is a bad sign, i.e. that they couldn't proceed with the full procedure.

Pretty much. From the sounds of it they're going to go for aggressive "debulking". Whether they can get clear margins is debatable, and they won't really know whether they can even resect all the "macro" disease until they're in. This is the sort of case where a much shorter OR than the planned 8-10 hours is a bad sign, i.e. that they couldn't proceed with the full procedure.

What are the chances of some complication with the surgery? Even the simplest one can go wrong.

My grandma (who has health issues) said that they never let people die on the table like you see in TV and movies, as it makes the insurance rate higher. They always keep them alive as long as they can.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rob-ford-s-surgery-recovery-1.3020718?cmp=rss

CBC also ran the story.

Cynthia Mulligan
@CityCynthia
Doug Ford confirms wants to fill in for Rob Ford as recuperates from surgeryVows to be Tory's worst nightmare #topoli

Last edited:
Five reasons Doug Ford should be Ward 2's councillor:

1. Doug has been co-mayor, and believes he is running this city from his downtown Etobicoke Deco offices today. Unoffical puppet-master, and all...
2. His brother's Cancer, and it's the worst Cancer anyone has ever had, in the history of having Cancer. His Cancer is soo bad, it had it's own press conference yesterday.
3. Business interests and prostitutes (self explanatory)
4. Doug can attend Leaf games, wearing funny ties, get high before/during/after council meetings and pee in the parks, as required.
5. And finally, because he's Douglas Ford Jr., you insignificant little shit.

Last edited:
I love the feedback that Cynthia Mulligan is getting! Remember how she only wanted to ask Rob the "soft" questions in the past.

Cynthia Mulligan @CityCynthia
@sarahkecooper Only possible in unofficial capacity. Doug Ford says he will sit in gallery #topoli

Cynthia Mulligan
@CityCynthia
@CharlottePigg @ElliottRoss6 yes I did ask him about his slams against Kathleen Wynne when unelected. He says this is "different"

What are the chances of some complication with the surgery? Even the simplest one can go wrong.

My grandma (who has health issues) said that they never let people die on the table like you see in TV and movies, as it makes the insurance rate higher. They always keep them alive as long as they can.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rob-ford-s-surgery-recovery-1.3020718?cmp=rss

CBC also ran the story.

He WILL get nasty infections - all post ops get those. Incision related - I had a couple after an operation on the back of my head and they told me its the most common thing ever in life. LOL

I imagine he won't follow rules properly and have other complications too because don't you know who I am?

Last edited:
Imagine the outrage from the Fords and Warmington and Ford Nation if Tory fell ill and asked David Miller to step in for a few months. Or Lastman. Or Crombie. Or any other former mayor.

Last edited:
He WILL get nasty infections - all post ops get those. Incision related - I had a couple after an operation on the back of my head and they told me its the most common thing ever in life. LOL

I imagine he won't follow rules properly and have other complications too because don't you know who I am?

Yes, I think this four months scenario is "best case" and Rob believes that it will happen.

Amanda Cupido
@acupido
FYI the only way council will look for a replacement is if Rob officially quits. As of now, his seat is not officially vacant #TOpoli

So basically, Rob would have to do the unthinkable and resign!

Yes, I think this four months scenario is "best case" and Rob believes that it will happen.

So basically, Rob would have to do the unthinkable and resign!

Nope - I see Doug just showing up like a highschool drop out coming back to harass his teachers.

I have a few but I don't want to get booted. ;P

This guy. Too bad we can't just separate off Etobicoke into its own city and let them have at it.

How about just separating ward 2 and leave the rest of us in Etobicoke alone. Many of us actually prefer professionalism and good governance, not ford brand neo conservatism.

Cynthia Mulligan
@CityCynthia
@BautistaBomb @judemacdonald @sarahkecooper He is planning to be at city hall filling in (as volunteer) day after Rob Ford's surgery

Ugh...

Now the media will slobber over him and ignore the rest of City Hall. Rob already has four staffers as it is.

Last edited:
How about just separating ward 2 and leave the rest of us in Etobicoke alone. Many of us actually prefer professionalism and good governance, not ford brand neo conservatism.

Maybe just the dixon area. LOL.
The rest of you should have Domise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back