News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nurse friend who does a lot of work with cancer patients, particularly at end stage. Her take is that Rob's long-term outlook is poor, but that his doctors will be able to treat his condition for some time to come. He may well be on the ballot in 2018, but he will also likely be dealing with cycles of treatment and recurrence. No way know how that will line up with election cycles, thought. (Also learned some very interesting stuff about cancer genetics in that convo.)

What if they do the surgery and there are complications? It is pretty invasive and his obesity makes it quite risky.

What if they do the surgery and there are complications? It is pretty invasive and his obesity makes it quite risky.

My friend's comment on that was, yes, Rob's obesity elevates the risk, but all surgery has risks and it's not a huge jump. His weight and overall health are more likely to impact his progress during the recovery period.

Goldsbies cute today. He tweets he is taking a day off court so he can attend a meeting on civic engagement. He says a mlion stories in the naked city and Lisi is just 2 of them.

This case is a bit of a joke. The extortion charges are more serious but he'll probably get off on that one too. Then the nightmare Ford comeback to be reelected as mayor. Mikey takes over in Ward 2. Sandro as a school board trustee. Then Dougie gets in as an MPP and is given a prime municipal affairs post so he can keep meddling in Toronto's affairs. On top of them maybe some report blasting police for going out of their way to take down Ford. All very plausible, aside from Sandro becoming a trustee. But with Ford's endorsement I bet he'd get a healthy share of the vote in ward 2 lol.
Lisi was just doing some constituency work, and if the NDP can be ahead in the polls in AB a week before the election your scenario could just be possible in CrazyTown.

One thing in the Lisi ITO that got me thinking was the part that mentioned he was seen exiting the dry cleaners carrying a pizza box from Pizza Pizza. The ITO didn't specify exactly how he was carrying it, ie. was he holding it horizontal as if there was a pizza in it (but really it was something else) or was he holding it upright under his arm because he didn't think to hold it properly and pretend as if there was pizza in it. Even yesterday at his trial the detective on the stand mentioned the pizza box and the crown didn't bother asking exactly how he was holding it. Maybe it was just pizza and nothing more. Although, he did utilize a pop can with a screw on lid to conceal pot, so who knows, maybe there was something in the box.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2015-04-28 11.42.51.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-04-28 11.42.51.png
    Screenshot 2015-04-28 11.42.51.png
    21 KB · Views: 607
My friend's comment on that was, yes, Rob's obesity elevates the risk, but all surgery has risks and it's not a huge jump. His weight and overall health are more likely to impact his progress during the recovery period.

Post-op infections come to mind as well. This September return is only the best case scenario.

One thing in the Lisi ITO that got me thinking was the part that mentioned he was seen exiting the dry cleaners carrying a pizza box from Pizza Pizza. The ITO didn't specify exactly how he was carrying it, ie. was he holding it horizontal as if there was a pizza in it (but really it was something else) or was he holding it upright under his arm because he didn't think to hold it properly and pretend as if there was pizza in it. Even yesterday at his trial the detective on the stand mentioned the pizza box and the crown didn't bother asking exactly how he was holding it. Maybe it was just pizza and nothing more. Although, he did utilize a pop can with a screw on lid to conceal pot, so who knows, maybe there was something in the box.

I carried a real pizza the wrong way once. The utter cheese damage was unreal!

I carried a real pizza the wrong way once. The utter cheese damage was unreal!

I can't remember where it was, but I read very recently about a guy in the UK buying his very first takeout pizza, carrying it upright and not understanding why it was such a mess when he got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back